Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
humore
humore began at the beginning.

Device: hanvon n516
how is the dictionary of OI supposed to work?

I've searched this forum and beyond, and I've done everything I can. Still, I can't get it to work. Since there is no official instruction available, I've tried many things. I hope friends here could kindly show me the way.

My ereader is hanvon n516, and I installed OI and I love it, especially the fonts part. I'm using daily build 20100709 right now, and it's behavior is, I regret to say, rather strange.
I've tried making a font or a .font directory in the SD root directory, and put .dict.dz and .index into it; I even tried decompressed dict.dz to .dict, still doesn't work. SOMETIMES a mueller english-russian dictionary does pop up, SOMETIMES coolreader complained that there isn't a dictionary( isn't the mueller dictionary built in? since i surely haven't put it in there), NEVER has the dictionary I installed seemed to work. I'm really confused.

Should I make a .dict or dict directionary in the SD root one?
Can the dictionary be accessed both from fbreader and coolreader?

I hope somebody could kindly enlighten me.

Last edited by humore; 07-10-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Looks like we're in the middle of a process to change dictionaries now. There used to be a dictionary available only in coolreader; you put your .dict.cz and .index files into "dict" directory and it worked. Now I've tried it with a recent snapshot and my dictionaries are ignored and the pre-installed Mueller pops up instead. It's a bit annoying, but I suppose it isn't the final version.

As for FBReader, I simply don't know.
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Is it possible to edit the hyphenation dictionary for FBreader?