Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
My first Blog....ever

Hi, I've been browsing the threads and have a few questions. So I joined to ask them.

I'm researching which ebook reader I will eventually purchase. Cybook is leading the pack. But after reading lots of the threads I have a question.

There is concern over title managment in Cybook. It was my impression, (am I wrong?), that the software for the Cybook is "essentially" mobipocket reader software. If that is so, does it not have the Reading Lists that mobipocket reader has. I found this is a simple way to manage my titles.

Looking foward to interacting with the rest of you.

Alyson
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Hi, I've been browsing the threads and have a few questions. So I joined to ask them.

I'm researching which ebook reader I will eventually purchase. Cybook is leading the pack. But after reading lots of the threads I have a question.

There is concern over title managment in Cybook. It was my impression, (am I wrong?), that the software for the Cybook is "essentially" mobipocket reader software. If that is so, does it not have the Reading Lists that mobipocket reader has. I found this is a simple way to manage my titles.

Looking foward to interacting with the rest of you.

Alyson
No, the CyBook has it's own proprietary book reader software. I think they call in the Boo reader. So, no it isn't actually Mobipoket... however it does read Mobipocket format and support Mobipocket DRM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No, the CyBook has it's own proprietary book reader software. I think they call in the Boo reader. So, no it isn't actually Mobipoket... however it does read Mobipocket format and support Mobipocket DRM.

BOb
Ok, thanks for the info. I assume that it doesn't have the reading lists then.

Alyson
Old 05-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Mobi reader on the Gen3 is, er, the Mobi reader. But it has its own library system. So no, no reading lists.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Alyson, welcome to the world of ebooks
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Alyson and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru

Thanks for the Welcomes

I've enjoyed reading the entries for several months, thought I'd finally join.

Alyson
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As far as content listing/management, you will find that the Sony Reader PRS-505 currently has much better content management with it's menu's to display in different ways and while it doesn't do folder, it does the next best thing... collections. So basically, you can organize your content much better and make it a lot easier to find what you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook, mobipocket