Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
curiousDave
curiousDave began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I undo a "popup"?

I downloaded a cover for an ebook that didn't have one. Worked fine. BUT
when I downloaded another, there was a pop up window which asked about the network allowed. There was an ALL option, a PUBLIC option and something in the middle, maybe PRIVATE? and a box for always. Well, I went ahead and made a selection but I guess I wasn't paying attention and must have clicked the wrong one as I can't get any covers. Of course, I clicked the always box, so I no longer get the option to choose. Where do I go to undo that selection?

I got there with:
Edit Metadata ==> individual metadata ==> download covers
curiousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That sounds like a Windows message to do with your Internet Security settings. You manage that in Control Panel->Internet Settings->Security. If I'm right then I suggest further questions should be posted on a Windows or Security forum.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
curiousDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That sounds like a Windows message to do with your Internet Security settings. You manage that in Control Panel->Internet Settings->Security. If I'm right then I suggest further questions should be posted on a Windows or Security forum.
I thought so too, but I've been through every screen I can find on internet and security in the control panel and can't find anything to undo the problem. Not saying it isn't there, just that I can't find the answer there. Thanks, though.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@CuriousDave - You're looking for something like what you see in the attachment - if you're using XP you may have to access it via Internet Explorer Options rather than Control Panel

Click the "Reset all zones to default level" and you will probably fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	91344  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It sounds like a Network setting. If you can find your LAN Network setting, rightclick on it and choose disable. Then give it a few moments to process. Then enable it.

Or...unplug your (assumed) wired connection to your computer or turn off your wireless router for a few moments and make XP reconnect to the network and ask you again. And make sure you choose the Public option (which is the most secure).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
curiousDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@CuriousDave - You're looking for something like what you see in the attachment - if you're using XP you may have to access it via Internet Explorer Options rather than Control Panel

Click the "Reset all zones to default level" and you will probably fix it.
[/I]

Thanks, Red. You were on the right track. See next post from FizzyWater. I appreciate the time you took on this.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
curiousDave

Fizzy,
When I clicked on the Public option, I was immediately able to access the "Allow/Disallow" option. I may have a few extra clicks but that option now works as it should.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Glad I could help!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covers, internet options, manage library