Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
snirp
snirp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Uppercase!!

I just bought a book from the Kobo store and the whole thing is in all CAPS! Is there any way to change it? I can't find anything but maybe someone else has come across this? There is no way I can read this when it is in all caps!
snirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Best advice is to let Kobo know via their support means. Also try downloading the book via ADE as well as Kobo Desktop and see if both formats are buggy.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by snirp View Post
I just bought a book from the Kobo store and the whole thing is in all CAPS! Is there any way to change it? I can't find anything but maybe someone else has come across this? There is no way I can read this when it is in all caps!
Which book is this? Feel free to email me the link to it on the kobo.com website if you like. shasan at kobo dot com.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
lapine403
lapine403 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
This just happened to me today as well. The book is The Mirage by Matt Ruff. I went the support route (via phone) and was given the answer of "that must be how it is formatted", however looking inside the book on amazon.com shows me that the print version is standard format when it comes to capitals. I have emailed SameerH as well - I hope you respond! Thanks!

If that is how it IS formatted, I will get a refund and buy a paper copy. I can't read a book that is continually yelling at me.
lapine403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapine403 View Post
This just happened to me today as well. The book is The Mirage by Matt Ruff. I went the support route (via phone) and was given the answer of "that must be how it is formatted", however looking inside the book on amazon.com shows me that the print version is standard format when it comes to capitals. I have emailed SameerH as well - I hope you respond! Thanks!

If that is how it IS formatted, I will get a refund and buy a paper copy. I can't read a book that is continually yelling at me.
It's possible that the text is shown as it was received from the publisher, but that does not help you that much as all caps is not how the book is meant to be read, which is what matters, and we have to fix it.

I'm sorry you didn't get the full story from support, we will try and do better in this area. I have forwarded this to the content team and will direct them to this thread as well so if anyone else is having problems with all caps, please post links to the books here and we'll get it sorted.

Thanks,
Sameer.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert