Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Haarlson
Haarlson
Haarlson began at the beginning.

Device: none
XinXii

Hi, anyone any experience of uploading and SELLING books on XinXii? Uploaded book, ordered and paid with Paypal (confirmed) no book and no entry in XinXii's sales history. Would very much welcome and appreciate responses. Thanks.
Haarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Never heard of it, but looking at their "bestseller" list, page views for the third best selling title is in the low 300s. I can't find anywhere that gives sales figures.

Are you saying they charge an upfront fee for you to sell there?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Haarlson
Haarlson
Haarlson began at the beginning.

Device: none
No, no fee, entirely free. It's a Germany based site but they hae an extensive range of English language books. I purchased a copy of my own book by way of testing their system. I since emailed their support and, fair play to them, they got back to me fairly quickly and sent another copy of the download which had gone missing, together with a receipt. Thanks.
Haarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #4
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
XinXii is e-book marketing arm of a major German traditional publishing company. I uploaded my e-books to the site and found the process to be very simple. No sales to date, but I figure being on the site can't hurt. My impression is that the whole e-reader/e-book think is still very much a bit of a novelty in Europe. XinXii wants to capitalize on what they see as an emerging market force in Europe. Hey, who ever heard of Smashwords a couple of years ago?
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yep

Yeah I uploaded ebooks with them. Easy to set up with and when I asked a question they responded really quickly.

No sales yet, but I have hopes.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I uploaded to them too. Very easy. But no sales in the two weeks since. I know several romance authors who write erotica who have done very well with them. It seems erotica sells, as it does here. I figure I'll keep my book up and maybe one of these days I'll have a sale.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xinxii