Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
sammieb77
Edge User

Sync Google Calendar

Is there a way to sync my Google calendar with the calendar on the eDGe? If so, can so, can you give me directions as to how?

Old 01-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

So far we have not been able to accomplish that.

Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
Dr. T
Edge User

Hi Sammie!

Unfortunately, no there's no simple method. There are some work arounds, though. Read the threads here, here, and here for directions and background.

Good luck!

Old 01-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

You beat me again, Cheyennedonna!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
elsaturnino
Edge User

Try CalenGoo

CalenGoo (http://android.calengoo.com) recently came out of beta and is now available on the Android Pit marketplace. It isn't free ($7.50 US) but it works perfectly on the eDGe and syncs nicely with Google Calendar.

Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
RomanHuff
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsaturnino View Post
CalenGoo (http://android.calengoo.com) recently came out of beta and is now available on the Android Pit marketplace. It isn't free ($7.50 US) but it works perfectly on the eDGe and syncs nicely with Google Calendar.
Has anyone else used this app yet, and if so what do you think about it?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Dr. T
Edge User

I'd be very interested, too!

I don't know enough about reputable websites/reviewers for this sort of thing, but here are a few reviews for the app:

PCworld (iPhone) review
iPhone/iPad
Another iPhone/iPad
From Androidzoom.com
A negative (iPhone) review

Also, if we receive the coming Froyo update, would this become pointless. That is, would the ability to sync with google likely come along with the upgrade?

Last edited by Dr. T; 01-19-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Also, if we receive the coming Froyo update, would this become pointless. That is, would the ability to sync with google likely come along with the upgrade?
Only if/when Google allows access to tablets, which seems likely, but also seems to be dependent on 3.0.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

What is even more interesting than the app is the fact that it can be done. "CalenGoo for Android uses the Google Calendar API to access the calendar data. This API is released under the Apache License 2.0." If this is the case why do we not have a calender for the edge that syncs with Google?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
goodspeech
Edge User

I found an emulator (i think that is the correct term)

called Androidpit. I purchased Calengoo from there. I set it up in a matter of minutes and it syncs very nicely with my Google calendar. I can edit from the app and it will sync to my online calendar. As for Androidpit, I was able to download a free app just to test and had no problem.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
fgruber
Edge User

nice. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsaturnino View Post

Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
Dr. T
Edge User

Considering that google calendar is linked with mail, and I'm presuming you have to put in your password, would there be any security concerns?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
fgruber
Edge User

That is always a risk. Same risk with using Executive Assistant or gtasks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Considering that google calendar is linked with mail, and I'm presuming you have to put in your password, would there be any security concerns?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
Dr. T
Edge User

Any thoughts on how risky the risk is? I know that there is always inherent risk associated with using cloud computing (or, in this case, scheduling), but I guess I'm just curious whether you all feel as though that risk is exacerbated by using an app such as this one... not that I keep anything too interesting/important in my gmail or google calendar... just interested.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
goodspeech
Edge User

? I know that there is always inherent risk associated with using cloud computing (or, in this case, scheduling), but I guess I'm just curious whether you all feel as though that risk is exacerbated by using an app such as this one..

I an not sure if this belongs in this stand but....since i'm very unfamiliar with cloud and device that run on such software what are potential, inherent risks?