Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
jrmckins
jrmckins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Using a plugin

Sorry for the total n))b question but I can't figure this out. I have a plugin installed and I want to use it on an .epub book. How do I "execute" a plugin against a book?
jrmckins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jrmckins

If your plugin is installed, you don't 'execute it'.

When you import a book, it will automatically convert it for you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Most 3rd party plugins are "file type" and will automatically run when you import an ebook of the types identified in the plugin. To see what plugins you have installed, go to Preferences -> Plugins and click on the "+" before File type plugins.

If you already have an ePub in your library, I think you need to import it again to get the plugin's effect.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
jrmckins
jrmckins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
AH! I deleted my "test" book and re-added it and it worked as expected. Thanks.
jrmckins is offline   Reply With Quote