Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, I'm just storing them elsewhere. Nothing too involved, just subfolders by the authors' names (last, first for me), and then sub-sub folders to keep series books together (I renamed them '01 title,' '02 title,' etc to keep the order). I did grab copies of the Connect books and catalog them similarly, changing their horrid names to something a human can read and understand.

If you don't have a big collection, that's the best time to start cataloging them, less initial work.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
How do you change the names on the books from the Connect store? I couldn't see how to do it through the UI and I assumed the books contain metadata tags that drive the Reader display, or does the Connect software really just read the file names to build the index?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The meta-data is encoded in the file -- you can't change it -- but ConnSoft doesn't give a wet slap what the actual file name is, you can change that with impunity in plain old Windows Explorer.

For instance, instead of '2DF4DF3A54S.LRX' (or whatever the blazes it was) my file name reads simply 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.LRX' -- ConnSoft looks at the meta-data to figure out what to display, I look at the nice English file name to tell what the stupid file actually is, and we're both of us happy.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #19
stxopher
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Am I the only one who has most of their books from the Connect store? I think I have maybe two non-Connect books on there so far.
Mine's just the opposite. I used up my credit a the Connect store to get some bundles (hmmm, Dark Materials, Foundation, Fools, and Dragon Wars) and the rest from other sites (Baen and Manybooks.net being my favorites plus requiring no reformat for the reader).

It's amazing the interesting things that catch you attention when browsing non-mainstream books. (Blood, Sweat and Tea and Flyboy: Comes with Action Figure come to mind.)
Old 01-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've got no Connect Store books on my Reader (really must use my credit before it expires!) .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote