Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Bad support from pocketbook

After firmware upgrade to version

sw_20131113_623_W_daily_us_syncV2_rr_s2pb_bookstor e_br_4.4_246_user

the touchscreen doesn't works.

The support help response this:

To solve the problem, we recommend you formatting the internal memory of the device.

But I can't fix the problem. I have send the device (15 days without my device). I haven't received the shipment money.

Today I have received the device, the touchscreen works again, but there is a new problem now.

The problem it's with the lux. There is an annoying effect in the frame of the device (this effect don't occurs before).

Now I have to send again the device, other 15 days without it, an another shipment cost. ???

I think this is my last Pocketbook. I'm very happy with my old PB603, the new PB623 likes me, but the support it's bad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-26 12.53.00.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	117222   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-26 12.53.14.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	117223  

Last edited by edge71; 12-26-2013 at 07:31 AM.
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
I am satisfied with service of pocketbook germany. Reported problem with photos, sent device, LCD replaced, item sent back, postage money refunded.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
walan
Connoisseur
walan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with others

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Dear edge71,
I don't understand your problem description...
walan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by walan View Post
Dear edge71,
I don't understand your problem description...
They fix my problem with touchscreen, but now when I turn on the ligt, in the frame of device you can see the light too. Before I send the device, this problem don't occur, and it's very annoying for reading

See the attached photos
Old 12-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
walan
Connoisseur
walan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with others

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Do you mean, that the light is shining through the plastic housing?
walan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
edge71
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by walan View Post
Do you mean, that the light is shining through the plastic housing?
Yes, this is what I mean
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #7
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Why simply don't send back to the service?
And - of course I can understand your sadness - but can't you simple take your laptop until the device is repaired?
  1. The support and service is (!) excellent, I had already issues with an older device which was solved within a week.
  2. This could happen to any electronic device, I had similar problems with other manufacturers like lenovo, Dell, Panasonic, my washing machine, at home, at work, at friends ...
  3. Hey, these are only people at pocketbook. Or are you always 100% perfect? I am not.
  4. Sometimes things simply don't run like expected. One can simply react accordingly to the situation and let then things go their way. Take a lot of time and energy into asking questions simply won't help fix anything but make things worse.
You should simply take things as they are and return the device.

I am sure your device will be running by mid of january 2014 if you send it now!

Cheers
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #8
edge71
Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice. I'm still angry with them. But I need they fix the device, so I have sent the device now again.

I hope this time, fix the problem, and make a 'good' test (touchscreen, light,...).

And I hope this time refund the money.

Thanks apos,

Cheers