Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 02-13-2003, 12:45 PM   #1
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Greetings. I found my way to iSolo after discovering AvantGo didn't support OS X. I am so IMPRESSED with iSolo's ability to handle webpage and document conversion (with the iSoloX converter) that I went ahead and regsitered my 30-day demo!

I also have the HandStory browser on my Palm m500, and the basic HandStory Converter on my Mac desktop. I can't use HandStory Suite--which also handles webpage conversion--because there is no Mac/OS X compatible version. However, I have been using HandStory as a photo and document converter/viewer.

Needless to say, I would ideally like to combine functionality into one application. If I could access iSolo's ability to view photos (as jpegs)--which I understand it CAN DO (at least from within documents)--I would be a very happy camper and migrate totally to iSolo!

Can I do this? Has anyone had any experience preparing and converting photos? I would appreciate your tips! I am assuming you would use iSoloX and set under the Properties>Images (choosing, in my case (with an m500), image size as 160 x 160 and image color at 4-bit). I confess that I'm asking before having messed around with it. I was put off by the fact that the option is labeled "Include Images" as a Document Property. But I, of course, want the document to BE an image (photo) not just INCLUDE an image. Am I needlessly getting hung-up here? Thanks.

Gary
Old 02-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yes you can do that. But you would need to generate a html page, that displays those images (or links to the images). Many gallery-makers do that automatically for you including generating thumnails.
Advert
Old 02-15-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Thanks Alexander for this. Do you know if I can do this from within iPhoto 2? I am sensing you are saying the html page can have multiple photos on it (rather than having to make a single page for each). Would I pre-process the photos in, say, Photoshop? I am of course concerned that the images are optimized for 4-bit 160 x 160 pixel sizing. Any further tips? Thanks.

Gary
Old 02-15-2003, 07:13 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
You don't necessarily have to preprocess the images. iSiloX can do it for you (saves you lots of time). Check the Image Tab in the Channel Properties. You can adjust max size and max color depth.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #5
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Handling photographs is very easy and very controllable with HandStory. You just right click within the image and HandStory opens up and offers you various options. I have iSilo too, but haven't investigated this aspect. Is there anything comparably good in iSilo?
Advert
Old 03-26-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
daught
Enthusiast

Yes, I love iSolo for webpage conversion, but I think I am going back to HandStory as a photoviewer. It does seem more direct, and the results (at least from the little bit I've fooled around with it) are less "webpage-like."

Gary
Old 04-14-2003, 01:57 PM   #7
Unregistered
Nameless Being

iSilo, not iSolo. wow