Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 02-17-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
william
william began at the beginning.

I was banned from the Slashdot web site a couple of days ago and I don't know why. They claim that my IP address hit their website over 2000 times in one day. This has never happened to me before I started using iSiloX and added Slashdot to my daily list. I can't understand how I could have possibly hit this site 2000 times. I'm appealing to them to let me back.

William
Old 02-18-2003, 02:45 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hm not sure what happened but I wonder how they would ban your IP. It is probably just a temp ban and will expire soon/is already expired. Especially since I would say that you have a dynamic IP that changes every time you connect to the Internet.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
hardeeps
hardeeps began at the beginning.

I was also banned from slashdot for the same reason (the slashdot administrator confirmed that all the hits were in the palm section). With a link depth of 12, it's pretty easy to get to the 2000 hits reported. Unfortunately, with the way the slashdot site is layed out, a large link depth is needed to retrieve all the data.

It probably makes sense to either reduce the link depth or remove the slashdot link from the wcc so that other people don't encounter this problem.

-Hardeep