Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
elizabennet
elizabennet began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question Getting a Nook Wifi

I am new to the board. I live in Canada and my sister is getting me a Nook from US for Christmas. I read about problems registering the Nook in Canada. Should I get my sister to register the Nook using my BN account while in US?

Also I only plan to buy books from kobobooks or ereader. But can I download the free Nook books in Canada?

Thanks.
elizabennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
HI elizabennet, welcome!

I have registered two Nooks here in Canada, but this was a month or two month ago. I registered my own while I was in the US because I wanted to download books while I was there. When I registered all three (as we all live in CA), I made sure all of our B&N accounts had US shipping and billing addresses before registering the Nooks. If you want to have your sister do it just to be safe, make sure you have your B&N account set up with US shipping and billing addresses before hand.

Because I have my addresses listed as being in the US I can buy any B&N book with my account. Whether they are free Nook books or ones that are only available in the US, I can still shop either with my Nook or online.

Good luck, and enjoy your Nook!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
As you'll find, there are work-arounds to hide your Canadian-ness from B&N. If you don't try to pretend to be American, you'll still be able to register your NOOK via Wi-Fi (anybody can do that anywhere in the world), but the selection of B&N e-books available to you will be very limited.

As for the free e-books, about the only ones Canadians are able to download from B&N are some of those published by Samhain. Samhain's titles are predominately erotica, often with a tendency toward the kinky (BDSM, ménage, etc.). Here's a link to their free e-books at B&N: http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.....00&PN=Samhain -- at the moment, there are 3 free e-books available to Canadians.

Again, if you go to the trouble to masquerade as American, you won't have the limitations.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote