Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Doris
Doris began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
New User, New Jetbook

I have ordered and expect my new Jetbook tomorrow. I have always used my PDA as an ereader so I'm really excited about the Jetbook. My question is: when I get the new Jetbook do I need to add the firmware right away? I would appreciate advice.
Doris
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Doris,

Welcome to MobileRead Forums! I remember the excitement of waiting for my reader (it was just half a year ago,) and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. This forum is a great place for getting your questions answered, and someone who knows the answer to your question should be along shortly. There are also thousands of free books here available for downloading, software to convert books to your required format, etc., etc., as well as good suggestions for new books to read. The forum is a friendly relaxed place to chat with like-minded people about any and every subject. Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Yay, another jetBook user!

From where did you order the jetBook? I heard that some from NewEgg are coming out with the latest (today's) firmware. You can check the firmware version on the jetBook itself and then decide if you want to upgrade. Oldest jetBook firmware had only limited support, so you would probably want to make sure you have at least 30i to get ePUB, Mobi, etc.

Enjoy!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Doris

I ordered the Jetbook from NewEgg so hopefully it will come with the latest firmware. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris View Post
I ordered the Jetbook from NewEgg so hopefully it will come with the latest firmware. Thanks for the info!
I got mine from NewEgg a few weeks ago and it has v0.30i Patch v12 which I think is the newest.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Doris and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
Doris

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
I got mine from NewEgg a few weeks ago and it has v0.30i Patch v12 which I think is the newest.
Some are now coming with 33c, which was just released.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
What are the improvements in 33c?
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome, Doris
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
HTML support, better ePUB, and features yet to be discovered... (Ectaco doesn't give much info, but you might try the Beta firmware thread that has some details)
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Doris!

As you can see, we are a helpful bunch. Check out the Jetbook forum for the latest information and be sure to look into all the free ebooks you can download from MR. Enjoy your new toy.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Doris, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome branches.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	33697 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
Doris

Hello, Everyone and Thanks for the information. I received the Jetbook yesterday and it has the v0.33c patch v13 on it so I looks like I don't need to do anything but start enjoying it.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY! Enjoy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote