Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
First book in Moning's "Fever" series

Just saw the following in a newsletter I received today:

Quote:
2. Download a FREE Copy of DARKFEVER!

Enter the world of Karen Marie Moning's New York Times bestselling FEVER Series with a free download of the book that started it all. DARKFEVER, the first novel in what Publisher's Weekly dubbed "an addictively dark, erotic, and even shocking series," introduces us to the enigmatic heroine, MacKayla Lane.

Mac is a Southern Belle and a daddy's girl, but when her sister is murdered, Mac travels to Dublin in search of her killer. She's soon pulled into a shadowy realm she never knew existed and begins to find startling gifts within herself, as she's dragged deeper and deeper into the frightening world of the Fae.

Catch the download just in time to get ready for the newest book in the FEVER series DREAMFEVER, available from Delacorte Press August 18, 2009.

This special FREE download is available from July 1- October 1, visit http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/ for details.
Downside? Looks like all the Suvudu freebies are...PDFs. Bleh.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I read the first book in this series and it was pretty good. Am slogging through the 2nd or 3rd one...I stopped reading it for some reason and now am reluctant to finish. But for FREE--maybe if I had it on my reader it would be easier to read?
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I looked at these as well as the other books listed on this webpage are listed for $0 in the Sony bookstore.
Assassin's Apprentice,
Red Mars
Settling Accounts: Return Engagements
Star Wars Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
Elric: The Stealer of Souls
Weapons of Choice
Kiss of Midnight
Blood Engines
His Majesty's Dragon
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even better, Heather! (No having to reformat PDFs!)
Old 07-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
I love the Moning books -- I did DarkFever way back as a podiobook and then just finished the next two books......I may download this just to have it
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Also free on Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Darkfever/dp/B000MAH7SQ
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Even better - it's free at Amazon, but not at Suvudu yet....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Oooh, I see three new books at the Sony store!

Who cares about DRM if the books are free? Not me!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
There's also the free audiobook of this novel, as a free podcast. Will repost with actual link.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ooh, the blurb sounds good!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
FizzyWater

Just beware, Lilac_Jive, the book is the first in a series of five and there's no real resolution at the end of each book...I've read the first two, the fourth is due out next month...

(When I was ... uh ... liberating the third one to read on my Sony, I managed to read a very important line at the end that told me the ending was such a cliff-hanger that I wasn't even going to try to read it until book four was available!)
Old 07-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Just beware, Lilac_Jive, the book is the first in a series of five and there's no real resolution at the end of each book...I've read the first two, the fourth is due out next month...

(When I was ... uh ... liberating the third one to read on my Sony, I managed to read a very important line at the end that told me the ending was such a cliff-hanger that I wasn't even going to try to read it until book four was available!)
Uh oh.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
After reading the reviews, I may give this one a pass. I despise cliffhanger endings.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #14
FizzyWater

Moning used to publish romance novels. The books were in a series, but each book was able to be read as a standalone story.

When she started this series, she made it very clear up front that this was different - more like a series of fantasy novels where each book builds on the ones that came before.

In my opinion, it reads like one really long book, chopped up into annual installments!

I don't want to say too much, because if anyone is reading the series, I'll give away something very important, but if I remember correctly, there's a "dear reader" letter at the end of the third one, telling readers not to despair, to remember that she came from a romance background and she knows her readers want that "happy ending".

(Can you imagine if you saw something like that at the end of The Two Towers?)

Anyway, I'm not a fan of cliffhangers myself (I still remember waiting too long to find out who shot JR), which is why that book is sitting on my virtual TBR pile, instead of my "done" pile. I might even wait for the fifth (and supposedly) final one and read them one after the other!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I just finished the first one and you are right, cliffhanger! I'll try to read the rest when the rest comes out.