Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #46
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis Wifi+3g
Hi
Finally, I have find one compter just for see what I have in the document folder... and it's right, I find the differents files .azw3 with folder.
Thanks again for your answers and time
Regards
DBX
THE DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #47
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DBX View Post
I'm stupid but I don't find it. In the root, I have document folder.
I use KOReader for check all the files. In my kindle, document folder is placed in:
/mnt/us/
I doubt you are stupid, but you seem very reluctant to even consider that someone contradicting you might be correct.

When 2 people disagree, it does not help to resolve the issue for either or both to repeatedly make the same assertion (with the same words in the same order). There are at least 3 ways for a typical Kindle owner to put a book on it.

1. Buy from or email to Amazon and enable wireless.

2. Attach Kindle to a computer over USB and copy the file directly.

3. Attach Kindle to a computer over USB and use Calibre to put the book on the Kindle.

For #3, Calibre might change the file behind the scenes.

That is why it is important to accurately and precisely describe the circumstances as well as the outcome.

In addition koreader is not a file browser. It was probably trying to be helpful by not showing files it considers to be irrelevant, based on file extension.

Your real news is that epubs emailed as personal documents to Amazon with a png extension will be converted by Amazon to azw.

Please change the thread title to something like:
epub mailed as png to Amazon will be converted

Or ask a moderator to do it for you.

Otherwise, you are getting people's hopes up and wasting their time.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And if the O.P. has KOreader on the Kindle, then why all the noise?
KOreader can read epub.
(It can not read azw - which is why its file browser does not show such files.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #49
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And if the O.P. has KOreader on the Kindle, then why all the noise?
KOreader can read epub.
(It can not read azw - which is why its file browser does not show such files.)
I have been wondering that all day and would have eventually asked, but the main issue of this thread has been the alternative fact that Kindles can read epubs if they are named png.

I'm starting to wonder whether the OP knew that a kindle can be mounted as a drive on a computer and couldn't figure out how to get an epub onto it.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:10 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Please change the thread title to something like:
epub mailed as png to Amazon will be converted
Users can't change thread titles, not even of threads they create. They have to request a title change by reporting their thread using the [!] button

But in this particular case, I have now changed the thread title, even though I have not received a request from the thread creator.

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-27-2017 at 05:46 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2017, 04:34 AM   #51
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis Wifi+3g
Hi and thanks for the title... it's better!
THE DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #52
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
No, you do not get covers with sent documents.
you do see the covers on the Fire tablet - and the Kindle apps as well.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #53
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, Amazon have let you email ePub files for many years, just as you can email all sorts of other document formats. They're converted by Amazon's servers. This is nothing new.
yeah, that doesn't work for me (I just tried it). Can you double check?

If you can send Epub then that is a curious development.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #54
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
you do see the covers on the Fire tablet - and the Kindle apps as well.
Hmmm. That is odd or it may be the files I sent had no covers. They were all sent to a fire.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
yeah, that doesn't work for me (I just tried it). Can you double check?

If you can send Epub then that is a curious development.
Read on. It used to work (I used to do it), but then apparently stopped working. This idea of renaming the file to have a PNG extension gets around whatever it is that's blocking it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #56
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This idea of renaming the file to have a PNG extension gets around whatever it is that's blocking it.
I'd bet there are several extensions that will produce the same result.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #57
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Very likely, yes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This whole silly thread could have not happened if you (OP) had just loaded the ePub and used KOReader to read the ePub directly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #59
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'd bet there are several extensions that will produce the same result.
renaming epub to zip also works.

that has worked for years
Old 07-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #60
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I'd like to suggest that this thread be deleted. It seems to be misleading a lot of people.

Sending an epub to your Kindle after renaming it to .png via Amazon does convert it and it's readable on the Kindle. Copying it from your computer with a .png extension doesn't work. I saw this the other day on The Ebook Reader Blog, article at this link:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...o-your-kindle/

I tried it. It failed. Someone in the comments suggested that the comma in the file name might have prevented it from working. I removed the comment, emailed it again and it worked.

When I saw this today on The Digital Reader it also implied that you could simply copy the renamed file to the Kindle. I tried that and it didn't work. I hadn't really expected it to but I thought it was worth trying. He linked to this thread which is as misleading as the article although a few of you do try to straighten things out.

Leaving this thread in place is going to cause a lot of people a lot of frustration and I really hope someone with god-like powers here will remove it and then replace it with an announcement about how it really works.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote