Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
If your PRS900 is on backorder at Best Buy...

...don't forget to cancel and reorder it before Sunday.

The reader is on sale this week for 40 dollars less than usual, but the sale expires Sunday. According to the customer service rep I spoke to, backorders that were placed at the original price will get the sale price ONLY if they ship while that price is in effect. So if your reader is still backordered today, on Sunday the price will go back up and you will not get the sale price.

Cancelling and reordering will lock in the sale price, although you will lose your place in line for the backorder...

Last edited by mdibella; 01-01-2010 at 02:15 PM.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
joewandy
Enthusiast
joewandy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
Cancelling and reordering will lock in the sale price, although you will lose your place in line for the backorder...
I don't really understand, why is this so ?
joewandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Because they hired shitty programmers?

Seriously, it sounds like when they ship an item, they check the current price and adjust if it is lower. They do NOT, however, check to see if it was lower at any other point since the order was placed.

Since most of these PRS900 backorders have been waiting a month or more, they were placed at the original (higher) price. Since they won't ship this week, the pricematch check won't be done. When the sale goes off on Sunday, the price goes back up and when they ship it will look like the price has not changed.

By reordering at the sale price, your order will have the lower price on it already.

Of course, it is equally possible that this sale will be extended, since they can't GET the item. It's unclear to me why you would put something on sale when you don't have any to sell, but there it is...

Last edited by mdibella; 01-02-2010 at 10:35 AM.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
kmj1
kmj1 began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook & Sony PRS-300
Just did it!!!

I just re-ordered my PRS-900 at $359. That's a $40 savings! Pretty good. It ends Sunday as the original op stated. I'd recommend getting in on this savings ASAP! Thanks for the info on this Deal.

By Grapthar's hammer... what a savings.
kmj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
joewandy
Enthusiast
joewandy began at the beginning.

Any idea how long we'd have to wait until the items are back in stock? I notice some people in the forum who have been waiting an awfully long time and still nothing yet ...
joewandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert