Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
PB360 Orientation Issue with Buttons

Can't figure this out for the life of me. I thank everyone in advance for their help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Button 1 (the top button) is a previous page button and Button 2 (the bottom button) is a next page button, when the screen is vertically oriented. However, when I shift the screen to where all the buttons are on the top, button 1 (left most button in this orientation) THEN becomes the next page button, which is counter intuitive and button 2 (right most button in this orientation) becomes the previous page button, which, again, is counter-intuitive.

Does this have any sort of fix?

Thanks again to all, in advance.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Does this have any sort of fix?
you can remap the buttons any way you wish in main menu, configurations.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes but if I remap the buttons, it changes them for BOTH orientations. I want the way the buttons are mapped to remain the same for the vertical orientation, but reversed for the horizontal orientation.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Yes but if I remap the buttons, it changes them for BOTH orientations. I want the way the buttons are mapped to remain the same for the vertical orientation, but reversed for the horizontal orientation.
what are you using for reading? Wonder wehther it is the reading program that remaps "mirror like". I don't have your problem ion my PB360, but my Button one is next page, and button two is previous page.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Japes
Addict

When you say "what are you using for reading" what do you mean? Sorry for sounding dumb.
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I guess PB simply didn't think about using the reader with the buttons "up", and you must confess this is quite unusual, so they only made a setup for right/down for right hand users and left/down for left hand.
I'm afraid you either have to get used to buttons everywhere except "up" or acting counter-intuitive.

Otherwise there is a (quite old) thread dealing with button remapping for different applicatios, maybe you want to search for that...

Edit: Maybe try setting both buttons to "forward" and one (or both) to "long press backwards", this is a less elegant but working solution (I do the same with both my PB readers)

Last edited by troll05; 06-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
what I meant to ask is which reading programme you are using (FBreader, AdobeReader, Coolreader, etc).
As troll suggest, perhaps trying how you go with the other orientation (buttons down) is the easiest, as well as trying to reconfigure. I am pretty sure you can reconfigure the buttons in coolreader, though, but not sure whether the assignment you want is feasible, I must try it out first.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
Japes
Addict

I am using FBreader, but, I tried opening with Adobereader and the same problem exists. Were you able to try Coolreader? Although I don't see any option to open in Coolreader. Please let me know.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
paola
Wizard

Quote:
I am using FBreader, but, I tried opening with Adobereader and the same problem exists. Were you able to try Coolreader? Although I don't see any option to open in Coolreader. Please let me know.
Coolreader is a third party installation, so first of all you have to put it on your machine
The process is quite easy, and it consists in copying a bunch of files in various directories, see here (but go to the last message for the latest version - in fact, there is a newer version too, but I forgot to link it). Then you have to edit the extensions.cfg file (which is a text file) to tell your device to use Coolreader (again, you will find all the explanations in the link above).

Unfortunately, however, I have to take back what I said, as I re-checked the instructions on the Ukranian forum, and I would conclude that it is not possible to remap the buttons in Coolreader. But one other thought is: have you tried setting the buttons in the way you want them when horizontal, to assign the function you want? Perhaps you've tried this already, but in case you haven't, even if it changes when you put it vertically it may still do what you want it to do in the landscape orientation.

EDIT: put the link to the latest version in the Coolreader thread

Last edited by paola; 06-04-2012 at 02:48 AM.