Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #16
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstefanyuk View Post
http://www.filefactory.com/file/8c8602/

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JS5F7FMG

P.S. Guys, just try it. It exactly what is needed for solving the problems with reading A4 pdf's on small devices.
For testing period I will provide licenses for free. Just send me registration code (you will find it if use program at least once) to my e-mail.
Are there any sort of instructions on how to use PDFCropper? I'm fairly computer-literate, but I dont know how to get started with this ..
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Did you try pdflrf or pdftohtml? Each works very well for converting oversized PDFs into something more usable for the Reader.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur
vstefanyuk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
Are there any sort of instructions on how to use PDFCropper? I'm fairly computer-literate, but I dont know how to get started with this ..
1. Create new project and select pdf file that are you going to prepare
2. Crop

Check resulting pdf. Play with positions and sizes of frames. Crop again. You will understand the idea.

Ask if smth not clear

Of course it is not easy to analyze result because in ulicensed version resulted pages are mixed up Just send me registration code, will send you license.
vstefanyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #19
mysiar
mysiar began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
I have got small problem with PDFCropper:
I open PDF file, set up the crop frame and when I want to crop
Error message pops up: The document has no pages
mysiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:36 AM   #20
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiar View Post
I have got small problem with PDFCropper:
I open PDF file, set up the crop frame and when I want to crop
Error message pops up: The document has no pages
can be the problem with bad formatted pdf, try another one. in any case in 1-2 days I will produce new version, new feature will be there - auto-framing. after we can check this problem (if it is still there).
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #21
mysiar
mysiar began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
okey dokey,

maybe you can create a new thread just for PDFCropper
mysiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiar View Post
okey dokey,

maybe you can create a new thread just for PDFCropper
Version 0.9.9.9 - http://rapidshare.com/files/77043739/Setup.exe.html

New feature is added - auto-framing. It is not easy to explain how to use this feature, so I created video to show it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/77045900...ature.swf.html

P.S. About problem with loading old projects with new version - sorry, but they are not supported, till version 1.0 for me it is more important to make code clear and stable than keeping compatibility with non-final versions. but I can tell that version 0.9.9.9 will be 99.99% compatible with version 1.0

P.S.2 Format of license file is changed, you have to send me again registration code
Old 12-17-2007, 03:40 AM   #23
ront
ront began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Vstefanyuk,I have 2 problems:
1. When I open the program, there's a pop up mentioned "C:\windows\system32/PDFCropper.dll(Access is denied)
2. I can't find the registration code.
Thanks
ront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #24
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ront View Post
1. When I open the program, there's a pop up mentioned "C:\windows\system32/PDFCropper.dll(Access is denied)
Not the author but...
1) No idea - is there a title on the dialog box? (i.e. could it be something your anti-virus throwing a wobbly when it trys to check it on reading but finding that java has opened the file for exclusive use, or similar?)
2) You need to run a "Crop" operation then the reg code is shown as part of the watermark in the resulting pdf.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:45 AM   #25
ront

Yes, there is a title on the dialog box: "Error".
I turn of the anti virus software and firewall, ( my OS is Windows Vista),
but everything is still the same.

I uninstalled the PDF Cropper and reinstalled but still got the same problem.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 AM   #26
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Hmm - just had a look at my installation and it appears that (on XP, at least) it puts that file there when it runs.

At a guess, then, that the error you're seeing is Vista being a bit more particular about what it allows to be written to it's system folder and stopping the write rather than a problem with a read. I've no idea what it's doing, so can't comment as to whether it should be allowed to do so...

Does it run apart from that, or does it all stop there?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ront View Post
Vstefanyuk,I have 2 problems:
Thanks
Try to uninstall it and install by using user with Admin rights.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:44 AM   #28
ront

Thank you so much for both of you: vstefanyuk and gwynevans. Now I can install the software on Windows XP.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #29
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I changed to Landscape and it's better but too small still. LRF looks the best. Anyone know where I can get Rasterfarian? Thanks

Last edited by GatorDeb; 12-23-2007 at 11:22 AM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #30
ront

vstefanyuk, I already sent the registration code to your private message.
Thank you.