Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Question Removing pages from epubs

I have several epubs I need to fix and I need to remove every alternate page.

Exploding the epub, the structute is something like this:

part3_split_000.xhtml
part3_split_001.xhtml
part4_split_000.xhtml
part4_split_001.xhtml

...and so on, consisting the *_000.xhtml files only of the book's title.

I've been removing these files manually by exploding the epub and then rebuilding it, but I was wondering if this is something I could achieve within calibre or perhaps with a plugin.

Many thanks

P
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try using Sigil.... To make it easier you could install the "Open With" plugin to simplify the opening of the ePub with Sigil.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try using Sigil.... To make it easier you could install the "Open With" plugin to simplify the opening of the ePub with Sigil.
Thanks, PeterT.

I have Sigil installed and also the Open with plugin, but in Sigil you can only delete one page at the time, while exploding the epub you can select all the pages you want to get rid of and delete them.

But still, it would be nice to be able to delete all these pages during a conversion in calibre.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote