Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
HP IPAQ hx4700 as eBook Reader?

Hello,

I've been looking at the hx4700 for a while now. With its 4" screen, wifi, Windows Mobile 5 and other features, I thought it might make a good ebook reader. Does anyone here have any experience with it? This seems like a high quality device.

Are there others like this with a 4" screen? I don't want to go smaller really, due to my eyesight not being good as some of you younger folks.

P.S. I don't really want a phone feature. I don't really need that.

Last edited by ColdSun; 08-25-2007 at 02:20 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
It's a pretty decent PDA, beats the heck outta the competition, but unless you're used to reading on a PDA, even the high-res display will eventually tire your eyes. I picked one of these up for my wife a couple years ago, it's a lot peppier than the one I use for PDA functions, but I prefer the smaller size and lighter weight of mine. One of the better features this one has over the one I use is that since it used a newer version of WM, you can shift it into landscape mode and it makes reading/surfing the web so much easier!

I dig this device for its sheer speed, power, and awesome display, but if you're only looking for a device to read off of, I'd recommend the Reader. If you want a ton of other apps; i.e., games, productivity, educational, translation functions, etc., then this is the device to get!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert