Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Does the latest Kobo support internal hyperlinks yet?

Hi,

I live in Canada and was considering getting a Kobo Reader for my wife as a gift but heard a few months back that the Kobo reader does not support internal hyperlinks (say to an endnote or footnote and then returning back after reading the footnote/endnote/etc). My own Sony PRS-600 supports this feature quite nicely and I find it quite useful for more technical epubs.

Has that been fixed in the latest shipping versions of the Kobos reader (or via firmware updates for older versions?)? Are there any other serious differences between the Kobo Reader and Sony Reader epub implementations?

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Kobo does not support internal links. It does support links in a toc but flattens any hierarchy. Otherwise it is a standard ADE implementation similar to the Sony.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I was kind of hoping they got the internal links working in the last few months. Is support for it on the drawing board? Though I hesitate to buy something based on hoping for a firmware update. Seems strange that they can get TOC links working but not other links. I suppose they are deriving the TOC from the .opf. I will keep waiting ... I would really like to support a Canadian company (being from Canada).

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have no idea if it is on the drawing board. I would like it but that doesn't count for anything . They have links in the magazines so they clearly know how and the whole thing is very ADE like and ADE support links but then they redid the ePUB into a database and maybe have some problem with that implementation although they also support ePub files directly.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote