Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-25-2003, 06:30 AM   #1
pierrr
pierrr began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Vx
handstory basic doesn't follow links?

hi,

I use Jpluck, iSilo and handstory to download a whole arborescence on my Palm. It works well with the 2 first ones and not with handstory.
Is it because it's the basic version? In fact, handstory proposes only to record a static page and doesn't show links in page...
How can I do?
I read that handstory was one of the best but it's not what i'm thinking...

Thanks to all!
pierrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
HandStory will not follow links that are not part of the original site (commonly called off-site links). It will, however, follow onsite links. You can adjust the "depth" of this action in the settings for each clip. HandStory allows for up to a "5" in depth, but again, only on links that are part of the same site path.

Cheers,
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
pierrr
pierrr began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Vx
I knew that gvtexas...
but I stay on the same server!
I use absolute URLs, I mean "http://servername/folder" and not relative ones. But it's the same server!

How can you specify the depth? I've just one window called "HandStory Converter - Text"... Perhaps because my version is basic...

Thanks again
pierrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:14 AM   #4
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Sorry...in my haste I didn't catch the "basic" phrase.

You can't edit clips or set depths in the basic version. If you get the registered version, then you would be able to modify the depth to which HS pulls the site as well as how it treats any images found.

Cheers,
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote