Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
DiamondDave
Enthusiast
DiamondDave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook 2 is LCD

bummer

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/c...&cds2Pid=35607
DiamondDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
That is a really awesome IPS LCD. Not a bummer for me at all. Very tempted to buy one.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
But with an 8 hour battery, weighing in at almost one pound, and an LCD screen is it really a good e-reader?
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic View Post
But with an 8 hour battery, weighing in at almost one pound, and an LCD screen is it really a good e-reader?
Yes and no.

- children's interactive books -- yes
- casual readers -- yes
- do-it-yourselfers -- yes
- textbooks -- yes
- magazines -- yes
- newspapers -- yes

- novels -- no

- PDF / documents -- unknown at this time

Nook Color is not for avid readers. It's for the masses and it will sell.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic View Post
This is just me, but I have no problems at all reading on lcd. I have read on backlit screens since my Sony Clie over 10 years ago and still use my iPod touch today. I can read for hours on end with no eyestrain.

Also, I just don't have the ability or time to read more than 8 hours a day. I also have no issue charging the device every night so it is ready to go the next day just like I have to do with my iPod and cell phone.

None of these are downsides for me and 1 pound is hardly something too heavy to hold while reading. Many people are using iPads now without problems.

I totally see how this isn't a device for everyone, but I think it is a great low price compromise for people tempted by the iPad or that use a phone or iPod and want a bigger screen to read on. Not everyone wants eink.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Not too impressed as Borders has a color LCD reader out named "the Cruz" for $169.00 with battery life rated at 10 hours. They seem pretty similar except for the price.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieknits View Post
Not too impressed as Borders has a color LCD reader out named "the Cruz" for $169.00 with battery life rated at 10 hours. They seem pretty similar except for the price.
Compare the specs. The Nook easily outclasses the Cruz.

I won't even consider low end tablets like the Cruz. They have poor build quality and use low end components.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote