Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #46
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I've noticed that only when I'm not logged in. Are you logged in?
=X=
Yup, I checked that.

Its still missing, when logged in or not.

It's really making it difficult to actively follow active older thereds, especially those with hundreds of posts.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #47
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Yup, I checked that.

Its still missing, when logged in or not.

It's really making it difficult to actively follow active older thereds, especially those with hundreds of posts.
You're not alone. I have the same issue with my iPod Touch.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #48
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Uhm, as far as I know, nothing has been done to the mobile site since our last announcement earlier in January this year.

Could you give me some more details and I will check if we can implement something to making browsing through threads easier?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #49
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Uhm, as far as I know, nothing has been done to the mobile site since our last announcement earlier in January this year.

Could you give me some more details and I will check if we can implement something to making browsing through threads easier?
Here's my problem. The first image is the mobi site via my computer. The little red sideways chevrons allow me to go to the last post in a thread. I used to have those when I visited the site on my iPod as well but now they're gone. I am signed in on both devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MR via computer.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	29568   Click image for larger version

Name:	MR via iPod Touch.PNG
Views:	512
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	29569  
Old 05-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #50
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the screenshots, daffy. This is strange, indeed. While they still appear on your computer, they disappeared on your iPod, if I understood correctly. I will look into it!
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #51
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Is it possible for internal mobileread links posted in the form be redirected to the mobile URL equiveleant.

Often I'm in a thread in m.mobileread.com where there is a link to another mobileread thread. Following that link takes one to the full fledged www.mobileread.com.

It would be nice if it stayed m.mobileread.com so the thread can be followed.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #52
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:

I managed to get a problem that might be related. When clicking on the newest post I sometimes get an xml page on my N810 that cannot be parsed (error in parsing somewhere and the data is just on long line so hard to see where it is). If I then press back then the new post mark has disappeared.

So I wonder if the html is sent wrongly so not all data arrives before the parsing of the code starts? Is it really correct to send all data in just one long line?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #53
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Here's my problem. The first image is the mobi site via my computer. The little red sideways chevrons allow me to go to the last post in a thread. I used to have those when I visited the site on my iPod as well but now they're gone. I am signed in on both devices.
Daffy, we haven't changed anything yet, but I am curious if the last post markers show again on your iphone or not. I am still not sure what could cause them to disappear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Is it possible for internal mobileread links posted in the form be redirected to the mobile URL equiveleant.

Often I'm in a thread in m.mobileread.com where there is a link to another mobileread thread. Following that link takes one to the full fledged www.mobileread.com.

It would be nice if it stayed m.mobileread.com so the thread can be followed.
=X=
Hmm, this feature should already be implemented. If you go to this thread, for example: http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49628 and click on "Frankfurt/Main, June 27th, GERMANY!" link, although it's pointing to mobileread.com, it will stay on the mobile site when you click on it. If this doesn't work on your mobile browser, is it possible that it is blocking any referrer information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I managed to get a problem that might be related. When clicking on the newest post I sometimes get an xml page on my N810 that cannot be parsed (error in parsing somewhere and the data is just on long line so hard to see where it is). If I then press back then the new post mark has disappeared.
It shouldn't matter that it's only in one line - whitespace is removed to reduce the download size. The xml error could occur either when your carrier doesn't fully download a page (e.g. it aborts mid way). It makes sense for the new post mark to disappear though, since, although you received the xml error, according to the forum software you have just visited it (so it's not new anymore).
Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #54
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Zelda why not get one of the new iPhones? It's great on WiFi and lots of new features.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #55
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Daffy, we haven't changed anything yet, but I am curious if the last post markers show again on your iphone or not. I am still not sure what could cause them to disappear...
No, they have not returned. I tried signing out and and back in (using a different wireless network) and the results were the same.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #56
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
No, they have not returned. I tried signing out and and back in (using a different wireless network) and the results were the same.
Hmm, now it would help to know if others with an iPhone see the same problem like you. I am still trying to figure out what could be causing the problem... (it does work fine on my Blackberry Bolt)
Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #57
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Hmm, now it would help to know if others with an iPhone see the same problem like you. I am still trying to figure out what could be causing the problem... (it does work fine on my Blackberry Bolt)
It works on my Kindle as well. I don't know what's going on.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #58
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I tried it on my iphone, and decided I preferred using the normal site on it!

But I might try it again, just to see if I get the same problems
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #59
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I have an update. Last night I upgraded to the new 3.0 software and the little markers are back! Yay!!

I now wonder if the problem had to do with my iPod being jailbroken.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #60
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I have an update. Last night I upgraded to the new 3.0 software and the little markers are back! Yay!!
That's great news!! Thanks for the update.