Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 02:50 AM   #46
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
yeah! tequila. The agave has dwarfed the lime tree next to it. maybe there's the clue.

Anyone got a recipe to turn triffidlike gold agave into tequila? anyone?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #47
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I don't have a garden, so I thought I would post a photo of my indoor tomatoes They are the first thing I try to grow, and I'm amazed they made it this far. They look better IRL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
They look nice, but a little spindly. Give them as much light as you can, more than anything else.
Actually I realized afterward I posted the wrong photo, this one is one or two weeks old. They are higher now, but still spindly (not as much as they look on the photo though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I can see where the window is. They are leaning like mad to get more sun. Good luck
Yes, they are They will get all the sun they want in a few weeks, when I put them on the balcony. But I think it's too soon now. And of course, they need to survive the re-potting first. I have no idea how to do that
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 AM   #48
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yeah! tequila. The agave has dwarfed the lime tree next to it. maybe there's the clue.

Wouldn't you need an alembic for that?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 AM   #49
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you want to attract hummers, be sure to plant Red Hot Poker plants: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kniphofia_uvaria . Their blooms are irresistible to hummingbirds.

Will that work for us too ????

Quote:
I don't have a garden, so I thought I would post a photo of my indoor tomatoes They are the first thing I try to grow, and I'm amazed they made it this far. They look better IRL.
Quote:
Actually I realized afterward I posted the wrong photo, this one is one or two weeks old. They are higher now, but still spindly (not as much as they look on the photo though).

Yes, they are They will get all the sun they want in a few weeks, when I put them on the balcony. But I think it's too soon now. And of course, they need to survive the re-potting first. I have no idea how to do that
Try adding some tinfoil along the wall so that they get some light from both directions.,... they're looking good, though - better than mine this year (we're going to have to find some in the garden centres !) ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #50
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

You dig up the plant, trim off the leaves, boild the center section the ferment it, then distill the fermented center....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #51
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
You dig up the plant, trim off the leaves, boild the center section the ferment it, then distill the fermented center....
Seems a lotta work when you can just stop at the corner liquor store....

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #52
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Seems a lotta work when you can just stop at the corner liquor store....

Ah yes, but then she'll have the satisfaction of getting blasted on her own production
Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #53
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Ah yes, but then she'll have the satisfaction of getting blasted on her own production
And with the size of that monster - she'll produce barrels of the stuff!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #54
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
enough to share, then ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #55
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
I blinked, and the magnolia trees suddenly blossomed. The local ducks are beginning to get frisky as well; I am unable to speak for the local humans.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #56
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Or going blind - or both
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #57
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Or going blind - or both
If I remember correctly, you don't get such an hangover. If you wake up.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Here are my tomatoes again, the photo from last night (when the sun was still shining, sigh). I promise I won't post a photo every day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1454-500.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	49778  
Old 04-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #59
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Here are my tomatoes again, the photo from last night (when the sun was still shining, sigh). I promise I won't post a photo every day
Go ahead.... we wont mind. But you'll need to draw some height bars on the wall behind the so we can track their progress.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #60
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

And home-made is always better!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote