Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
calibre wont open

I have used calibre successfully on my dell laptop for a number of years with no problem. I tried opening it today and got an error message to say python function temrinated unexpectedly cannot import name qvariant error code 1. Any suggestions before I try to reinstall? I have been having problems with malware and have been running tests etc. Not sure if this has impacted.
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstall calibre, delete c:\program files\calibre2 and re-install calibre. Doing so will not affect your books/settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks now working again,.
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
tonyrow
tonyrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
Python function

Quote:
Originally Posted by slainte View Post
I have used calibre successfully on my dell laptop for a number of years with no problem. I tried opening it today and got an error message to say python function temrinated unexpectedly cannot import name qvariant error code 1. Any suggestions before I try to reinstall? I have been having problems with malware and have been running tests etc. Not sure if this has impacted.
I too have a similar problem - calibre won't open - 'Python function terminated unexpectedly (5, 'Create File','Access is denied')(Error code 1)
Problem looks similar to yours. I am running Windows 7 and Firefox.

Hope someone can help us with this.

There was a similar thread back in November 2010 re version 7.37 working but 7.38 not working, but thread just stopped with no successful answer.
tonyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyrow View Post
Hope someone can help us with this.
The original poster has already been helped with this problem. See post 2 above. In the future you might want to start a new thread instead of adding a post to an already resolved thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
tonyrow
tonyrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The original poster has already been helped with this problem. See post 2 above. In the future you might want to start a new thread instead of adding a post to an already resolved thread.
The last time I looked my problem was not helped or solved
tonyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyrow View Post
The last time I looked MY problem was not helped or solved
Emphasis mine.

Dwanthy's post was in regards to the original posters problem. It was solved.
Yours is a different problem, so start a new thread...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote