Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This news is very exciting! The key is on demand so you can avoid long waits at the library. Plus my library reduced their lending period to 2 wks max recently. Prime membership just keeps adding more value. I am really enjoying the video streaming since I bought a new DVD player which connects to the service. Fantastic! I am looking forward to using the new lending library.
Prime is expanding and I'm sure Amazon has other features in mind for it.

I stream Prime Videos on my TouchPad and it's great.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Prime is expanding and I'm sure Amazon has other features in mind for it.

I stream Prime Videos on my TouchPad and it's great.
I think I would like it but too worry about my Bandwidth cap to watch movies. I imagine they 4GB each?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think I would like it but too worry about my Bandwidth cap to watch movies. I imagine they 4GB each?
What's you monthly cap? Mine is 250GB.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #34
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Blossom, go to this page and click on one of the videos. On the product page, under "Video Format" for most videos you'll see four choices: Online Viewing, PC Download, TiVo box, and Portable device. If you mouse over those, it will tell you the video's file size and bitrate.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What's you monthly cap? Mine is 250GB.
Same as yours. You got Charter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Blossom, go to this page and click on one of the videos. On the product page, under "Video Format" for most videos you'll see four choices: Online Viewing, PC Download, TiVo box, and Portable device. If you mouse over those, it will tell you the video's file size and bitrate.
Thanks it looks like most are in the 2.5GB range downloaded but it's considerably smaller if downloaded to portable device.
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Same as yours. You got Charter?
Comcast. Split your time and you won't go over. Audio streaming uses less bandwidth than video. Watching lower res videos also uses less bandwidth. Hard copies and downloads already stored on your PC use no bandwidth at all. The same for FM radio audiobooks and ebooks (and the amount needed for ebook downloads is miniscule). Lots of options.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #37
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Thanks it looks like most are in the 2.5GB range downloaded but it's considerably smaller if downloaded to portable device.
This page states that the only Amazon Instant Video compatible mobile device is the Kindle Fire. Is that correct???

Tubemonkey, you said that you stream Prime videos on your TouchPad. I've been looking at tablets and I've also been considering Amazon Prime. Does anyone know where I can find out which tablets work with Amazon Prime streaming video? I'm so confused.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Comcast. Split your time and you won't go over. Audio streaming uses less bandwidth than video. Watching lower res videos also uses less bandwidth. Hard copies and downloads already stored on your PC use no bandwidth at all. The same for FM radio audiobooks and ebooks (and the amount needed for ebook downloads is miniscule). Lots of options.
My ISP has been known to throttle Youtube so I don't know how they feel about Netflix or Prime movies. I wish I knew how much data I use each month no meter is in place.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:49 AM   #39
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Has anybody found a way to browse what books are available in the Lending Library on the computer?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
This page states that the only Amazon Instant Video compatible mobile device is the Kindle Fire. Is that correct???

Tubemonkey, you said that you stream Prime videos on your TouchPad. I've been looking at tablets and I've also been considering Amazon Prime. Does anyone know where I can find out which tablets work with Amazon Prime streaming video? I'm so confused.
Stream it from the browser, just like you do on a home PC. It works on both my Nook Color and TouchPad. It streams beautifully on the TouchPad. The Color is very choppy. There might be a fix for that. I haven't explored it yet.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I wish I knew how much data I use each month no meter is in place.
Download a meter, such as BitMeter 2 and place it on all PC's using your internet account. That'll give you an idea on how much you use.

Not sure how to monitor bandwidth usage on mobile devices, since I haven't explored that option yet.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 AM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Has anybody found a way to browse what books are available in the Lending Library on the computer?
Not yet; but when you hover your mouse over the link to Prime "start your one month free trial today", the URL is amazon.com/kindleprime.

I see a name change for Amazon Prime in the near future:

Kindle Prime
Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 AM   #43
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
All these new features of Prime almost make me forget that our reason for signing up was the 2 day shipping.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
All these new features of Prime almost make me forget that our reason for signing up was the 2 day shipping.
Now see that temps me. I have to ask would that include Amazon merchant purchases like used books?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
LOL ...that's getting lost with these new features.