Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I don't like the way they designed those product pages either, but at least it clearly shows the purchase price on the BUY button.
Not on my button is doesn't the font is all screwed up on Firefox.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #17
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
[post deleted - image no longer available]

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-20-2014 at 08:54 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here's how that page looks on my computer using Firefox. I can read the price on the Buy button.
It was an extension issue disable it and now it looks right but I still say they are really pushing it. It's needs to be more subtle. Real price first then Prime price afterwards. Maybe when you click on the prime price the orange box shows up then.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Here's an example of what I mean. I bought this book tonight. If I hadn't looked closely I would of thought it was really free.
Notice how the $0.00 is much larger than the other prices?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Notice how the $0.00 is much larger than the other prices?
Yep that's what annoys me most about the changes. And it misleading. You don't get the book for free. It's only a loan like if I use the loan feature on that book basically.
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #21
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It was an extension issue disable it and now it looks right but I still say they are really pushing it. It's needs to be more subtle. Real price first then Prime price afterwards. Maybe when you click on the prime price the orange box shows up then.
I agree with you. They should make the purchase price larger and put it right under the List Price, then put the "Prime Members: $0.00" under that, in regular size print.

The product page as viewed on a computer is going to confuse Prime members who want to borrow the book too. As far as I know, the book has to be requested from a Kindle device. Some Prime Members using a computer may click on that Buy button, thinking they'll get it free.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #22
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool trouble noticing

Quote:
Here's an example of what I mean. I bought this book tonight. If I hadn't looked closely I would of thought it was really free.
do you mean to say that you have trouble noticing the symbol next to the $0.00?
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This becomes another source for free reading. Whether I use it is another matter, since I already belong to 3 of the largest ebook libraries in the country.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
If you saw it on my monitor yes it's tiny and hard to see. I blame Vista and wide screen not liking it each other. I use zoom extensions on all my browsers so I can see things without having my nose at the screen.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I agree with you. They should make the purchase price larger and put it right under the List Price, then put the "Prime Members: $0.00" under that, in regular size print.

The product page as viewed on a computer is going to confuse Prime members who want to borrow the book too. As far as I know, the book has to be requested from a Kindle device. Some Prime Members using a computer may click on that Buy button, thinking they'll get it free.
Very true! I didn't think of that. It's really is confusing. Also if they don't understand it's only one book a month.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
That Prime symbol is also after the price on all products eligible for Prime shipping. So it's confusing.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #27
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

[post deleted - image no longer available]

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-20-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #28
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
Brainwashed Amazonites. YOUR PAYING A YEARLY FEE- ITS NOT FREE. Amazon should be sued for this false advertising. And all you Amazonites- dont feed the BS that ...well its free only after the 10th month or after you purchase double what your normally buy from amazon.....the shipping pays for itself ....bla bla bla
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastanley View Post
Brainwashed Amazonites. YOUR PAYING A YEARLY FEE- ITS NOT FREE. Amazon should be sued for this false advertising. And all you Amazonites- dont feed the BS that ...well its free only after the 10th month or after you purchase double what your normally buy from amazon.....the shipping pays for itself ....bla bla bla
I have Prime to get the videos. $79/12= $6.58/mo; which is cheaper than Netflix's $7.99/mo. So shipping is free and this library is free.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #30
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This news is very exciting! The key is on demand so you can avoid long waits at the library. Plus my library reduced their lending period to 2 wks max recently. Prime membership just keeps adding more value. I am really enjoying the video streaming since I bought a new DVD player which connects to the service. Fantastic! I am looking forward to using the new lending library.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote