Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
masterebotzki
masterebotzki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2i
Exclamation can someone help me

I have been using calibre for about a year. Until recently when ever I connected my kindle I would be able to look at all the books on my kindle through calibre. now though all I am able to do is see what books in my calibre library are or are not on my kindle. Can some one tell me what to do to fix this. Also I have looked through the tool bar options and it is not there either.

thank you for your help
masterebotzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
When your Kindle is connected, there should be an icon on the main toolbar you can click on to get "Device View" which shows you all the books on the Kindle. This will then have a column indicating whether Calibre thinks the books are also in the Calibre library.

Conversely in the Library view, you will see checkmarks for any books that are in the Library and on the Kindle.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Wink not clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterebotzki View Post
I have been using calibre for about a year. Until recently when ever I connected my kindle I would be able to look at all the books on my kindle through calibre. now though all I am able to do is see what books in my calibre library are or are not on my kindle. Can some one tell me what to do to fix this. Also I have looked through the tool bar options and it is not there either.

thank you for your help
do you mean that when you select device view that the books on your device are not then listed instead of the books that were listed in library view?
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
masterebotzki

The device view button is not in the tool bar and it is not in the tool bar options in preferences even when the kindle is connected. I have updated calibre restarted my computer and searched the internet for solutions nothing has worked so I hope someone here knows whats wrong.

Last edited by masterebotzki; 08-17-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
The device view button is not in the tool bar and it is not in the tool bar options in preferences even when the kindle is connected. I have updated calibre restarted my computer and searched the internet for solutions nothing has worked so I hope someone here knows whats wrong.
Device View is Not the name Used in Preferences

Location Manager (no Icon) is the name and needs to be on the Toolbar (Main when devices are connected)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
The device view button is not in the tool bar and it is not in the tool bar options in preferences even when the kindle is connected.
There are multiple toolbars in preferences. Did you make sure were checking the Device Connected toolbar? Many people miss the fact that you can get a list of toolbars by clicking the down arrow at the right of the button showing the toolbar being worked on.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
masterebotzki

Thank you theducks you were right thank you very much.