Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Herchu
Herchu began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question ebook-convert and The Guardian recipe

Hi,

I'm trying to use ebook-convert command line tool but haven't been able to make it work with the built-in recipe for The Guardian. I tried "The Guardian / The Observer".recipe but failed to make it point to the correct recipe: "guardian".

As every other recipe I tried works ok, I thought it must be the slash in the title and tried again escaping it (using one to several backslashes and a dot too) with no luck.

The GUI downloads this paper without glitches so it's not the recipe per se, but my inability to specify the correct name of the recipe for the command line tool.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
Hernán

calibre version 0.8.11 Mac OSX Lion
Herchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
because of the way ebook-convert process command line arguments, recipe names with / in them won't work. I've changed the title of the recipe for the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Herchu
Herchu began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks!
Following your explanation I've edited builtin_recipes.xml and changed the slash for a dash and works ok.
Thanks again,
-Hernán.
Herchu is offline   Reply With Quote