Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
kinga428
kinga428 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Really slow :(

Hello all,

My 6-month-old PRS-350 is getting way too slow.. when I open an epub, and then push the Home button, it takes 5 secs to get to the homepage. My friend also has a 6-month-old PRS350 and his takes about 1-2 secs. Not a big deal, but it annoys me.

On my reader, I have 110 books, about 60 of them are pdfs (not too big, about 1 MB each) and the leftover are simple epubs.
Maybe it is too much for my reader and thats why it's slow?:\

I wonder if the 'new' official firmware would help..

I'd really appreciate some help!
kinga428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
My 950 becomes very slow when I haven't rebooted it in a while. So I just power off, power on, and then it's back to its normal self again. Might be worth a try?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
kinga428
kinga428 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Thanks, but it doesnt help a thing
kinga428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
kinga428
if simply restarting didn't solve your problem, there is a fair chance that the file-system of your reader got corrupted.

Connect the reader to a PC/Mac, a removeable media READER should show up in the file-browser. Copy the whole content of the readers internal memore (IM) = READER to a safe place.
Then disconnect the reader, goto settings and format the internal memory.
Reconnect and copy back your files.

If this also didn't resolve your problem, then there is a badly formated book in your collection causing the trouble.
Do as stated above, but copy back only half of your books, if all is ok, the bad book is in the second half, otherwise reformat and try the second bunch. a.s.o. until you have identified the bad file.
Does it make sense to you?

HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I would agree that a bad book file is the likely cause of the problem. Definitely back up your books (if you don't already have a backup) and do a factory reset.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert