Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #22741
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
First Rooibos of the day. Getting ready to go out and see the Jack Reacher movie - expectations are not high, but I couldn't not go, really, having read all the books.
I'll be curious to hear how it is. I've been thinking Tom Cruise was a terrible choice because he's just not big enough, but I read an interview with the author the other day and he seems very satisfied with how he plays the role. Let us know what you think.

Black coffee in my cup. Hazelnut.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #22742
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Just a wee glass of rum... It's been a while!

I really hope the Reacher movie is good. He's one of my favorite book characters, and I'd like to see him treated right!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #22743
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water while I watch Lucas navigate from toy to toy eating as many as possible.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #22744
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'll be curious to hear how it is. I've been thinking Tom Cruise was a terrible choice because he's just not big enough, but I read an interview with the author the other day and he seems very satisfied with how he plays the role. Let us know what you think.

Black coffee in my cup. Hazelnut.
My feeling exactly. The fact that Reacher is so huge in the books is an integral part of the character and the way others react to him, so Cruise seems like a ridiculous choice. But then I thought the same thing when he was cast as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire, and he was great in that role.

I'll let you know what I thought of it later.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #22745
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Sigh. They promised some sun today. Sadly, Claire Martin lied.

Ah, well. A big mug of Lapsang Souchong will help.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #22746
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

..........Click Me...................

Good morning, World! Endings and new beginnings..... I made it with a day to spare. 79.7kg today. Hard work, but sometimes hard work pays off. So this morning I'm celebrating with a big mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, a bowl of miso soup, rice with crab legs, AND.... a cookie! Maybe TWO cookies! Then it's off for a long walk to the supermarket to stock up on some food for the next few days. Most everything will close until Jan.4th, and I'm planning a big Indian feast for New Year's Day dinner. Sun's out, 7°, perfect day for a walk!

Stitchawl
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #22747
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Good morning (evening) Stitchawl. Congratulations! Well done.

I'm finishing up the night with an ice cream sandwich and a diet coke. I find the sandwich makes a perfect way to "cheat" and have a dessert, but keep it in reasonable control since it's a fixed portion.

Two more days of goofing off, and then I'll have to get serious and start bugging some contacts to see what's out there. I really can't afford to retire yet.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #22748
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Good morning (evening) Stitchawl. Congratulations! Well done.
Thanks! Back from our walk now, and diving into a big mug of Keemun tea!

Quote:
I'm finishing up the night with an ice cream sandwich and a diet coke. I find the sandwich makes a perfect way to "cheat" and have a dessert, but keep it in reasonable control since it's a fixed portion.

Street vendors in Singapore sell a 'real' ice cream sandwich. They use loaves of white bread (well, actually multi-colored swirls rather than white) putting a slab of ice cream between two slices. Not bad at all. Not quite as sweet as when I used to buy it in the US, with two chocolate cookie-sort of sides, but tasty all the same! Here it's sold with more of a dry waffle outside, but completely surrounding a slab of chocolate-topped ice cream inside. I still prefer the North American version best.

Stitchawl
Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #22749
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coca-Cola in my cup.

No doubt it's contributed to my weight gain over the past week and a bit. But probably more of it is over-eating.

Still — it's back to non-sugary stuff tomorrow!
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #22750
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Weak tea... for a case of Dehli-Belly. Must have been some bad sushi at lunch.

Stitchawl
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #22751
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I went in with fairly low expectations, and did my best to forget that Reacher should be 6' 5", and actually quite enjoyed the movie. It felt like a good old seventies detective story, low on the high-tech wizardry, and high on content and plot. The movie felt a lot longer than an hour and a half, in a good way. So all in all, worth seeing, though I'll never quite accept Cruise as Reacher. Think of him as Reacher's little brother, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I made it with a day to spare. 79.7kg today.
Well done Stitchawl! Sorry to hear about the Delhi-Belhi - not the best way to see the New Year in.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #22752
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I went in with fairly low expectations, and did my best to forget that Reacher should be 6' 5", and actually quite enjoyed the movie. It felt like a good old seventies detective story, low on the high-tech wizardry, and high on content and plot. The movie felt a lot longer than an hour and a half, in a good way. So all in all, worth seeing, though I'll never quite accept Cruise as Reacher. Think of him as Reacher's little brother, maybe?

Good! Thanks for the report. (And Happy Belated Birthday!)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #22753
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
I went in with fairly low expectations, and did my best to forget that Reacher should be 6' 5", and actually quite enjoyed the movie.
Good to hear that you enjoyed it. I wonder when it will reach Japan?

Quote:
Well done Stitchawl! Sorry to hear about the Delhi-Belhi - not the best way to see the New Year in.
Thanks. But I can't wait to see what the scale reads tomorrow morning!

Fortunately, I don't feel ill, just a need for speed... I'm sure it won't slow down our plans for a New Year's Day feast. While the traditional food for New Year's Day is soba noodles or this horrible pink rice dish (I REALLY don't understand how that one got so popular! ) we are cooking up an Indian meal, complete with freshly made nan, raita, and a chicken Roghan Josh to celebrate. Of course there will be plenty of freshly made Chai!

Happy New Year, one and all!

Stitchawl
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #22754
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At work and not happy about it. I slept like crap, my right shoulder has a massive knot in it and hurts, and I have a headache. I got hit with a massive case of the chills last night. I just could not get warm even lying in bed with pajama pants, a long sleeve nightgown, a down comforter doubled over, and a sheet. I just lay there shivering. I had this happen a bunch when I was pregnant but never before. Simply awful.

I am enjoying my pu-erh and cannot wait for the day to be done so I can pick up my baby boy, go home, and nap.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #22755
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Picked up baby boy and found the hubby home from work early. Took a two hour nap and am starting to feel human. Found a huge box of tea from Gong Fu waiting for me. Drinking some Bossa Nova and relaxing.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?