Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Sideloading video and getting it to show in Video

I was able to convert some favorite footage to MP4 and put it on my Kindle Fire HD. Then, I used file expert to find it and play it. All good, but I can't get it to show up under Videos. There is a Video and a Movies file on the Kindle Fire - I tred both. Also tried copying it to the root directory. Plays fine, but doesn't show up without file expert. Anyone know what is going on?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
When I do this, they show up in the Gallery app, not in movies or videos. And let me tell you, it took me about 3 days to figure this out too. Now it's no big deal.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLYSADNESS View Post
Wow, it sounds like yet another reason not give into my wife who wants a kindle HD .I heard that side loading media is almost a taboo subject to amazon.
It is easy to do. Just have to remember to look with file expert as well.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I just use the video player that came with my kindle fire hd to access sideloaded video. It was in my app section on my fire HD.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I just use the video player that came with my kindle fire hd to access sideloaded video. It was in my app section on my fire HD.
Thanks for that tip, I never noticed that Personal Videos app.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Upload your video to your Amazon Cloud (5 Gb free). Them move it from the Upload folder to the Video folder.

Then open your KFHD and download the video. You can play it with the Amazon Video App.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Upload your video to your Amazon Cloud (5 Gb free). Them move it from the Upload folder to the Video folder.

Then open your KFHD and download the video. You can play it with the Amazon Video App.
Thanks for this tip as well.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

I tried this but the Fire is not showing the videos in the cloud. How did you get yours to show?
Old 12-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Move it at the Cloud site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I tried this but the Fire is not showing the videos in the cloud. How did you get yours to show?
At the Cloud site it should be moved from the Upload folder to the Video folder BEFORE trying to see it in the Video - Cloud from the KFHD.

When you see it on the KFHD, do a long press and download it. Make sure WiFi is turned on at the KFHD.

Do you have a KF1G or a KFHD?

Actually, I only tried this and was successful with Pictures. For some reason I could not copy and paste pictures from my PC to the KFHD. I could sync SOME pictures to the KFHD with Windows Media Player but had to do most of the others via the Cloud Drive.

If you ever exceed the 5 Gb limit, you could delete some files in the Cloud Drive. It should not affect what you have downloaded to the KFHD.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Easy to side load they end up in a seperate file. The App that Came with the Fire HD looks like a movies clapboard is where you find them!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I tried both wmv's and mp4's and I could not get my HD to recognize them on the cloud. I just sideloaded them and will use the personal videos app to play them.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
I also tried to use the amazon cloud to transfer a mp3 movie file to my kindle and no joy. The fire does not see it.

Side loading is the only answer I have found when dealing with non-amazon store videos and have to use a 3rd party app to watch them.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I also tried to use the amazon cloud to transfer a mp3 movie file to my kindle and no joy. The fire does not see it.

Side loading is the only answer I have found when dealing with non-amazon store videos and have to use a 3rd party app to watch them.
.m4v video files are playable via the "Personal Video" app (but metadata is not recognized). But I simplified things by sideloading MX Player and using that for all sideloaded videos.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I have had success with mx player and a file explorer for personal videos. Mx player is wonderful.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote