Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
you are probably right.... they were the crowd control.....

Last edited by vicinc; 08-05-2011 at 05:12 AM.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #17
windsum08
windsum08 began at the beginning.

Device: P-edge emmine-0.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
you are probably right.... they were the crowd control.....
count me in for this donation. I so want to see the development on this.
windsum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #18
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
May I ask something completely noobish that could potentially make me look like the biggest idiot in the world? Can you just copy all of the files on the hard drive and delete/paste past in the back-ups in the case of a problem.
You don't have to be long winded, but why wouldn't that work? (more of a curiosity than suggestion)
I think it would have to be a little more than just copying as you need the hidden and system files.

That being said, we create image files of the servers we maintain so that we can restore everything should the need arise. I don't see any reason why the same shouldn't be applied to the Android OS if the imaging tools were available. Those tools are about somewhere, it's just a matter of getting ones hands on them.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #19
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

cat should be able to do it.
if any androids experts can look at this article.
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...tition-images/
can you advise on what we can try on our devices?
I have a borked PE and i am willing to try the recovery from copying from the good one.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
vicinc
Guru

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...tition-images/
any luck we can develop a recovery method starting from this?
Old 08-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Count me in to donate, but if it involves Clockwork Recovery someone will have to direct to a good explanation of how it works because I've tried it several times w/o success.

It just may be that it's too complicated; I've had no problems using the ADB/SDK tools.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #22
vicinc
Guru

cw does not work current edge firmware
do not attempt install
Old 08-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #23
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsum08 View Post
count me in for this donation. I so want to see the development on this.
Welcome to MobileRead posting, Windsum!

Count me in as well for a donation.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #24
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
lets do a 300 USD bounty on elancer for getting the edge recovery. if 60 of us donate a fiver we may get somebody to do it?
Yup. I'm in. Honest Abe! Google Images attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	five-dollar-bill.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	75246  

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 08-07-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #25
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Yup. I'm in.
Woah, I'm in too I'll just print out that one you put up (and I hope you don't mind if I make a couple more perhaps?)

But in all seriousness, $5.00 to improve the edge is a small price to pay.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
vicinc
Guru

so who is writing the elancer script?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #27
krewskater
krewskater began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle 3
I know there are people around here who know a lot more about this than me, but it seems like no one's really trying (possibly because enTourage made it such a pain in the ass). I have some work to get done today and once I do I guess I'll back up everything on my device and start messing around with everything. I'd appreciate it if someone could give me more guidance - would my best bet be using the serial connection on the inside of the unit (or JTAG if we have one)?
krewskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #28
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
so who is writing the elancer script?
If my google search was valid, it would seem a current member or past member of the entourage edge forum (and archive) would benefit more from the bounty than a freelancer. Yes?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #29
vicinc
Guru

anything that may tickle a developer back into this. if everything fails, we may still get a bounty on elancer. more exposed to developers (and private) so you may fish an Entourage ex-employee (probably the only one, I do not thing they had more than 1 (ONE) engineer). Actually I got banned 2nd time on that forum for saying this, so I may have been true.....

Tags
development, entourage, pocket edge, recovery mode