Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Shieko
Shieko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Aura
Editing some .pdb's

Firstly, hello! I'm somewhat new to the ebook scene but I've taken to it like a house on fire. I can be somewhat obsessive compulsive however, and would like to edit some books I have bought from Fictionwise.

I'm aware that you cant mention or link to exact programs, but I was wondering if there was any way I could explode a .pdb from stanza.fictionwise that is NOT DRM'd? I've been able to get into my 'locked' purchases that require name/cc but not the 'unlocked' purchases.

Does any method exist?

Last edited by Shieko; 05-19-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Shieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only thing you can try is to modify the script that unlocked the DRMed eReader so it can convert the DRM free eReader into HTML. And if you do that, please post it as it would be a big help to liberate content from eReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
Shieko

Unfortunately the code I used is not mine, and I have no experience altering it I guess I will have to leave the books as they are. Odd that there aren't any publicly available apps to edit your own purchased unlocked documents.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieko View Post
Unfortunately the code I used is not mine, and I have no experience altering it I guess I will have to leave the books as they are. Odd that there aren't any publicly available apps to edit your own purchased unlocked documents.
ereader is a very closed format, unfortunately, and belongs to fictionwise. They are not interested to let everyone edit their books or convert them to other formats.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieko View Post
I'm aware that you cant mention or link to exact programs, but I was wondering if there was any way I could explode a .pdb from stanza.fictionwise that is NOT DRM'd?
Calibre 6.0 will import and export DRM-free eReader ebooks. It is due out as a beta soon, so I suggest waiting for it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Shieko

That's excellent news You've made my day, thanks for posting it.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Calibre 6.0 will import and export DRM-free eReader ebooks. It is due out as a beta soon, so I suggest waiting for it.
All I care about is being able to convert eReader to some other format that I can then deal with. I don't think eReader will last all that much longer since no eink device supports eReader as it's main DRM format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All I care about is being able to convert eReader to some other format that I can then deal with. I don't think eReader will last all that much longer since no eink device supports eReader as it's main DRM format.
In a few months that will no longer be true. Haven't you been follow the Astak sage? As soon as B&N signs the dotted line we will have one.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote