Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 04:25 AM   #1
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
Question Help..

i am from india.
any thing i should purchase will be no warranty..
I am using EBookwise 1150 and it is good.
i like to change to eink..
1.whther sony 700 will be good?(relative to 1150)
or
2.should i purchase bebook with light( kindly recommend)

kindly your suggestions are welcome..
thanks.
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You should consider the CyBook Gen3 as well. Personally I prefer machines like the CyBook or BeBook to the Sony because they support MobiPocket (a very popular eBook format) and because they do offer a world-wide warranty.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
What Harry said.

And instead of the 700, you should really go for the 505 if you want a Sony instead, seems like most people on here who have seen/used the 700 are quite disappointed with it's screen and the quality/clarity of it.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
whether BEbook +Mighty bright dual light or Verilux will be nice..
kindly help
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
kindly help
Well, since I have a BeBook myself I can say that I am very happy with it, as for a "clip-on" lightsource for it, I can't really say, since I never have had a need for such a thing. But I'm certain it will work just fine since many other people here on MR have used external lightsources on other e-ink devices without problems.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #6
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I use my Cybook with a Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 LED Light clipped to the cover and it works great. There is enough light to cover the whole screen and very little 'extra' light so hubby can sleep while I read. I'm sure this option will work well with the BeBook as well.
This is the light I have, I bought it a local bookstore:
http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Lig...uctDetail.html
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #7
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
kindly help
I have a Mighty Bright DoubleFlex and I'm absolutely happy with it. Just clip it on the cover, adjust the flexible stems so the whole screen is evenly illuminated and there are no reflections, and off you go.

I've never tried a Verilux, though.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

I have a Cybook and with it's option to "bold" all the text in a eBook, I really never felt the necessity to have a clip-on light… just a normal one will do in low lighted environments.

Good shopping,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hi

I have a Cybook and with it's option to "bold" all the text in a eBook, I really never felt the necessity to have a clip-on light… just a normal one will do in low lighted environments.
... or just make the text a bit bigger.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... or just make the text a bit bigger.
I have used bold a bit and I think making it bolder is more effective in low light compared to just increasing the size. This is actually a nice feature that I think other readers are missing.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have used bold a bit and I think making it bolder is more effective in low light compared to just increasing the size. This is actually a nice feature that I think other readers are missing.
I do a combination of both, sort of, in low light situations I pick a thicker font and make it bigger. This way I still see the letters more clearly *and* any bolding which is part of the story. I love that I can add any font I want to my Cybook and have this option.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote