Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ray Waldo's cure for a bricked Nook.

I was trying to update my 8 GB to the latest CM 10.1 ROM from Succulent's website (http://iamafanof.wordpress.com) and I messed up my internal memory. After searching the Web a lot for a simple remedy to unbrick the Nook I came across Ray Waldo's site and his "repart.img" (http://raywaldo.com/2012/06/how-to-u...t-8gb-or-16gb/ ) that uses repart.img written to a μSD card to restore the Nook in under 5 minutes. It's all automatic; put the μSD card in the Nook, turn it on and follow directions. Beautiful. Also, his site has a lot of information and other how-tos on the Nook.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I have used that image as well with total success! Not only did it take me ut of a bootloop, it also repartitioned the Tablet according to BN's repartition scheme (which I couldn't do in a store since I'm in Sweden).
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I posted this because it may encourage some Nook owners to root their tablets as this provides an easy and safe restore path for a bricked Nook.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Good point!
I know that I certainly felt more comfortable messing with the Tablets that passed through my hands (for family/friends) after that first one knowing I had that image to run should I need to!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
After searching the Web a lot for a simple remedy to unbrick the Nook I came across Ray Waldo's site and his "repart.img"...
FWIW, the repart.img tool was actually developed by the XDA Developer Megd00t, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562130 for more info on its genesis and usage.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
fredlave
Connoisseur

I stand corrected.