Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i can't even imagine how long that took them to do.
Seriously! Very cool video!
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #17
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ironically it would be the other way around. If the business was booming, they would be far too busy to indulge themselves into making this video whereas if it was slack, they'd have all the time they'd need to do this.

And to the title of the thread: Why would this stop motion video be anymore difficult to render with kindles than with paper books ? I'm pretty sure they can do stop motion videos of pretty much anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHWright View Post
The book business must be booming if they had the spare time to produce that.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #18
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Whut?

I'm pretty sure someone could make same with Kindle, just separate each frame of pre-filmed film show them on screen take picture and compose all in one film again ;D
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Ironically it would be the other way around. If the business was booming, they would be far too busy to indulge themselves into making this video whereas if it was slack, they'd have all the time they'd need to do this.

And to the title of the thread: Why would this stop motion video be anymore difficult to render with kindles than with paper books ? I'm pretty sure they can do stop motion videos of pretty much anything.
Guess my implied sarcasm didn't come across as intended.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Does make me kind of miss all the color of the books & cover designs on books....not enough to give up my e-reader though. But I still enjoy going to books stores & buying a book that captures my attention.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Loud and clear for some of us.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #22
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I must have missed something I guess. But ok, it was sarcastic.

Quote:
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #23
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Don't get me wrong; the video's very cool and all, but it's hardly a valid argument for why ebooks can never replace "real" books... " 'cause stop-motion videos wouldn't be nearly as cool??"

I could do a similar video with all the papers from my filing cabinets, but that wouldn't stop me from wishing they were all digitized and wishing I was using that space they were taking up for something much, much cooler.
Ditto...

I was actually thinking, so where in the video is showing the joy of a real book? Showcasing them maybe? Because no much else was shown in the video.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

I've just put the link back because embedding doesn't work well. This video is in HD and deserves to be seen full screen. Why is it embedded videos don't allow resolution changes and full screen?
Some do, though I've found that I sometimes have problems with watching them in fullscreen. The nice thing about embedded Youtube videos is that you can simply click on the Youtube logo in the lower right corner and watch the video on the Youtube website.

Edit:
Gah, completely forgot to say anything about the video
Nicely made, even though most books have only been a way to get the content for me. There are still a few I wouldn't want to miss having as hardbacks.

Last edited by Abtacha; 01-13-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
LisaPT
LisaPT began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader PRS-600
I think the video is a work of art.

I'm doing nearly all my reading on ebooks. However, something is still missing. I seek out the paper books I've read in ebook at bookstores because I want to look at them. I've also taken out some paper books from the library because I want to scan back through them to check some stuff out and that is still just too difficult in ebook form.
LisaPT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funny, library, video, youtube