Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
bangart
bangart began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBookIQ
Angry Birds for IQ

I've modified Angry Birds Season v1.2.0 with Valentine’s Day levels..
now works on IQ..

Last edited by dreams; 02-14-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: link removed by moderation
bangart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have put up pirated software. That's wrong on MR. Just please take the link down and slink away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do NOT post copyrighted material, or links to copyrighted material on MobileRead.

The link has been removed.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
Is this really 'piracy'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have put up pirated software.
He stole in from a ship on the high seas? REALLY?!

or:

Piracy

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

My ("stolen") 2cts

Farhad
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just think you are upset because the link was taken down.

Angry Birds is something you should get from a legitimate source as it does get updates for more functionality. So if you just get a copy from someone, you may not be able to get it updated to the latest features.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
I just think you are upset because the link was taken down.
well, if you are referring to me, I am not upset, only saddened to hear people parrot the highly loaded terminology which the corporate 'suits' want us to use so that the discussion is highly framed

Quote:
Angry Birds is something you should get from a legitimate source
Again, if you are talking about me, I consider my friends as the most legitimate source possible. Friends share with friends. Those who want to prevent friends from sharing are not friends, they are illegitimate foes.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
3 points.

1) This device is not supposed to be able to access the Market, so I don't see the issue in posting APK's of apps which can be obtained for free (unlike the iPhone app, Angry Birds is ad-sponsored in Android). There's no "legitimate" source, in JSWolf's terms, from where one can get the app.

2) The green man with the hilarious signature has spoken, and he has said posting this is not allowed. If posting this goes against the rules, there's no changing that.

3) Friends use PM's too.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
It seems to me that the point is that since it is copyrighted unless the license agreement states you're free to distribute it, or you have permission from the owners its illegal to post it ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
Farhad
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
its illegal to post it ?

possible, but not certain at all. First, a link is not the same as hosting the file. 2nd, it would depend on the jurisdiction, look at the Gutenberg project: they post actually books (not links) which might or might not be copyrighted depending on the country.

I mean, I fully understand that mods might take the decision to remove a link - after all, that is what moderators are for: deciding policies.

Nor do I have any interest in the game (especially if it is adware "supported" which I totally loathe anyway)

It's the use of the word "piracy" which bugs me, that's all.

Let's obey all the laws, but let's not switch off our brains and pretend like all the laws and regulations always make sense. Least of all, let's not label those who put their ethics above idiotic and deeply immoral laws as "pirates".

My 2cts
Old 03-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
bangart

I did not steal this software, I'm not trying to get commercial benefits - it's not piracy. I just modified the textures to work on IQ. But there are rules of the forum - and they need to perform.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 AM   #11
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

bangart,

While it's sweet you made this port and I am sure a ton of Angry Bird's "angry legions" will be pleased to have a source for their 701, remember this is site not owned by the users and we are not liable for any damages if it comes to such. It would be Alex who is on the hook. So, the removal of the link is not unreasonable and also is not a slap to your face.

Nothing stops people from nudging people to the whole DeDRM stuff by mentioning who to search for in order to find what someone needs. So, perhaps you can decide to do a similar thing and host the file somewhere for free. That way you bear the liability rather than foisting it onto the owner of this site. And that someone is someone who provides this site free of charge just because he loves reading and these new fangled reading gadgets.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
bangart

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
So, the removal of the link is not unreasonable and also is not a slap to your face.
no problem..i'm not upset....