Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Greetings from R. Wood in Virginia

I’m a little late in saying, “Hello.” Trust me, that’s nothing new for me. (Insert joke here about being late for own funeral.)

Over the years I have done many things from radio and television to programming and systems development. I spent a number of years running major projects for Government consulting firms. I have run my own company for the last few years and am currently involved in a high tech start-up.

I started in eBooks as we know them now back in the early 1990s with Adobe Acrobat Version 1. Initially it started with publishing a lot of Government reports and User Manuals and progressed as time went on.

A few years back I started reading stuff on my Palm equipped cell phone and developed a rather extensive library of material. Many PDBs were self created. (Would you believe an ISO-9000 manual on your phone?) When I first heard of e-ink and later the Sony Reader I knew that the days of the small coarse dot matrix screen were doomed.

Picked up a Reader about a week ago and joined here shortly thereafter.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, thank you very much.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yes, welcome on board
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:22 AM   #5
raevyn1
Connoisseur
raevyn1 doesn't litterraevyn1 doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony Reader, Treo 755p, Palm T|X
Welcome, fellow Virginian! Greetings from the coastal plain of SE Virginia. Hope you enjoy this wonderful forum.
raevyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer

I'm having a lot of fum here (but more with the reader itself.) I am up in the Piedmont of Northern Virginia and remember fondly my time in the Tidewater area. In a long term test I wonder how well the Reader will survive in the near salt water environment. Will the chrome pieces become pitted? Time will tell.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Welcome to MobileRead, Good Master RWood!

(Now this is necroposting.)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
(Now this is necroposting.)
yes. yes it is.

(welcome wood ! )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Well, I'm not going to formally welcome this RWood fellow until I'm sure he's not just some 'fly-by-night', 'here today, gone tomorrow' type.

Give it another 5 years, say.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah, ever the prudent one, i see, bilbo. can't be too careful.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It never pays to be too precipitous!

Old 09-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

true, true ! we could all take a lesson from you. then again, you've only been here a few months yourself, i suppose i should really reserve my judgement on you for a while yet.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Fair enough. I guess by 2014 I'll have earned some trust!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

2014 ?? let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we ?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nah, this one looks a bit shifty to me. Sure, he looks all professor-y, but until I see a working prototype of a coconut-shortwave-radio, I'm reserving judgement.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote