Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
coase
Enthusiast
coase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Calibre hangs now

I used Calibre for months without problems. Now the 0.5.14 version hangs when trying to add new book files and I have to reboot. I tried disabling the PDF metadata plugins, but that didn't work. I tried erasing one troublesome pdf but that didn't work. Calibre just hung on another file.

What can I do? Should i reinstall Calibre?

Thanks.
coase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
How many books do you have? The amount of time it takes to add an ebook is proportional to the number of ebooks you have in your library.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
coase
Enthusiast
coase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enough

I have about 700. But that can't be the answer. In going from 690 to 700, no problems. Now I can't add ANY ebooks. It always hangs and the program won't work. In fact it hangs my entire computer. I can't even close Calibre when it hangs.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What formats are these books you're adding in?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
coase
Enthusiast

epub, lrf, and rtf. I just reinstalled the program and was able to add the files one by one even though it choked when it tried to read all the six from a directory.
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The book adding system has been re-written for 0.6, so when it is released in a week or so, try it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote