Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
mat813
mat813 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 2, Sony PRS-T1
Questions on the Pocketbook 626 / Touch Lux 2

Hi,

The default AdobeReader is neat and all, but I miss a few features I had in FBReader on my PRS-T1. Strangely, there is a FBReader config file in the config directory, but the app is not there.

Anyone has pointers on how to install FBReader on it ? (or on how to jailbreak it…)

Regards,
mat813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
FBreader is there

Only it is installed in a system folder not visible in the mountable folder. To use it I would go to the library view, stay with your finger on the book you would like to read until you get the context menu and select open with -> fbreader. If you go to settings it should say FBReader now. This said I have to add that I don't see much difference between the two.

ciao
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
mat813
mat813 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 2, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post
FBreader is there

get the context menu and select open with -> fbreader.
Ah, yes, I see, there it was hidden... (Also, you can only get the menu if you're in "directories" mode, if you're grouping through some other way, it won't pop up.)

Thing is, it must be a somewhat stripped down version of fbreader, because the one I had on my two year old PRS-T1 had so many more features.

AdobeReader is even a little better that it is.

So I'm back to my original mean, how do I get the latest FBReader ? :-)
mat813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat813 View Post
Thing is, it must be a somewhat stripped down version of fbreader, because the one I had on my two year old PRS-T1 had so many more features.

So I'm back to my original mean, how do I get the latest FBReader ? :-)
It is not possible on Pocketbook 626 (which is linux) to have android version of FBReader that was on your PRS-T1.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote