Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Wishlist PDF Reader v2013.01.02

Hi,

Here there are some suggestions that would make my experience with the PDF Reader even better:

1. Annotation and highlight features
1.1 Full-word annotation (configurable)
I find it a bit difficult to select a whole word in the highlight tool. I usually select part of other words also. I think it would be nice an option to make the highlight tool to highlight the whole word when you select a part of it. Maybe this should be configurable, in case some users need to select just parts of words.

1.2. Possibility of adding tags to annotations
I use the annotation tools a lot for different things: detecting errors when I'm proofreading a document, highlighting important parts, marking words I don't know in a foreign language, references I want to review in scientific papers... I would find it very useful to add tags or categories to my annotations so I can review later my annotations of a certain category.

1.3 Edit annotations dialog: buttons to jump to the beginning and to the end of the annotation
Now it's not possible to add categories or tags to an annotation. To make it easier for me to review them later, I edit some annotations and add at the beggining a keyword, such as: "REFERENCE". However, I find it very difficult to go to the beginning of the annotation by tapping with my finger. I thing a button to jump to the beginning would be useful.

2. Manual Margins and Font Size combination
I think the new manual margins setting is very nice. For me it would be useful the possibility to combine that option with the font size option. I am reading a PDF book which has a header and footer in everypage. If I just increase the font with the font size options, the header and footer are shown. However, if I cut them by setting the margins, the font is too small for a comfortable reading. Would it be possible to combine the margin settings and the font size?

Regards.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Another couple of suggestions, in this case regarding the annotation bar:

I think that it would be nice if the buttons "Add annotation" and "Erase annotation" were toggle buttons, this is, with one clic you enable the mode and with another one you disable it. I annotate a lot, but I also like to turn the page using the touch screen, so now I have to change the toolbar to "General Toolbar" everytime I want to stop annotating.

My other suggestion is regarding the "Hand tool". Is there a way to reset the screen to its previous state after using it? If not, it would be nice having this option. I've used the hand tool by mistake and I've spent a lot of time trying to visualize the book correctly again.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
annotation, highlight, pdfreader, tags