Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #46
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
No I have not. I used the stock K5. At the moment, I was exploring my Kindle unchanged. Is it because of this?
It was just a tip. If in your version is fastboot mode physically present, it should work, but if it's not present, you just could be able to ssh over diags.

And I maybe gave you bad link, because I don't know, which firmware version you have.
If you will do that sometime in future, just go to:
http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/
and download proper file according to you firmware version.

Last edited by hostar; 06-20-2012 at 03:30 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #47
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
Thanks a lot.

A question about your fastboot GUI / fastboot command line: is it suppose to make the kindle switch to fastboot mode? Or do you have to use MfgTool under Windows for that anyway, before one can use the fastboot program?
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #48
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Thanks a lot.

A question about your fastboot GUI / fastboot command line: is it suppose to make the kindle switch to fastboot mode? Or do you have to use MfgTool under Windows for that anyway, before one can use the fastboot program?
over fastboot by "fastboot.exe setvar bootmode fastboot",
but in this case you would have to have Kindle in fastboot mode.
But you can change the bootmode over ssh too with following commands:

idme -d --bootmode fastboot
sync
reboot

You don't need to flash diags for ssh access, see wiki for way, how to connect over ssh in main mode.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
It was just a tip. If in your version is fastboot mode physically present, it should work, but if it's not present, you just could be able to ssh over diags.

And I maybe gave you bad link, because I don't know, which firmware version you have.
If you will do that sometime in future, just go to:
http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/
and download proper file according to you firmware version.
A warning, that link is to a site that is missing a kernel for 5.0.0 -

You can see from the names that it has both the 5.0.0 'main' and 'diags' system images, but there is only one 5.0.0 kernel present.

There should be two kernels present - the main and the diags kernels are different.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #50
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
over fastboot by "fastboot.exe setvar bootmode fastboot",
but in this case you would have to have Kindle in fastboot mode.
But you can change the bootmode over ssh too with following commands:

idme -d --bootmode fastboot
sync
reboot

You don't need to flash diags for ssh access, see wiki for way, how to connect over ssh in main mode.
I tried to access with ssh, but connection is refused (over usb0). I feel there is chicken and egg issue: how can I enter fastboot mode without ssh connection, when enabling ssh would require fastboot.

Anyway, I do not want to hijack your thread, so I will discuss these difficulties on another one.
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #51
negativeone
negativeone began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
I'm trying to run the linux version on Ubuntu 17.04 and I'm getting something which is kind of unexplicable to me.

Quote:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/kindle$ ls -l
total 508
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 125854 Jun 19 2012 Fastboot-GUI_64bi
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/kindle$ ./Fastboot-GUI_64bit
bash: ./Fastboot-GUI_64bit: No such file or directory
The file is present, it has +x on it. Not sure how it can not exist. This is also a clean install (rescue disk).

Anyone know why ?
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #52
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
1) check the file name (I see a missing "t" in ls result)
2) is your linux 64bit?
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #53
negativeone
negativeone began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Sorry, the missing 't' is a copy paste error. It's there. I even used tab completion. and I'm on 64 bit.

Thanks
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:52 AM   #54
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeone View Post
I'm trying to run the linux version on Ubuntu 17.04 and I'm getting something which is kind of unexplicable to me.

The file is present, it has +x on it. Not sure how it can not exist. This is also a clean install (rescue disk).

Anyone know why ?
it is in a sub-directory of the current directory - you clipped too much of the output of the ls command for people to see that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking, fastboot, gui, linux, windows