Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
A new feature I've discovered

Well, new to me, anyway, and I haven't seen it in the manual. Others here may have already encountered this, but I thought I'd share it anyway:

I tend to use the right and left arrow buttons to turn the pages, rather than the bigger slit buttons on the side of the case. But I'd noticed if I held the right arrow button too long, for more than the quick flick needed to turn the page, rather than advance to the next screen the Story would show what looked like a progress bar at the bottom of the screen, and stay on the screen of text I'd just finished.

At first I thought my device was hanging. But I suddenly realised this was a fast-forward or fast-backward way of navigating the book.

The progress bar shows how far through the book you are. The small number above the right-hand end of the bar shows the total number of eBook pages in the file (as counted by the embedded Digital Editions reader used to display the book), and the number above the left-hand end of the bar shows which of these pages you're currently on. With the progress bar displayed, if you push the right-arrow you'll fast-forward through the pages of the book; pushing the left-arrow will fast-backward. When you've reached the page you want (as shown by the number at the left-hand end of the progress bar), hit the Enter key, and the display will move to that page.

There are so many capabilities (and, sadly, limitations) in the OS that don't seem to have been documented by iRiver - I find it all a bit puzzling.

I wonder what other features are still awaiting discovery by we, the humble users?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
This is really useful for deleting old bookmarks. I had a problem where the EB03 kept loading an old bookmark, so I used this method to remove all the old ones.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert