Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Sony PRS 505 with sale (with case and charger)

Well my Sony PRS 505 has served me well, but I feel the need for an upgrade. I have my mind set on a Sony Reader Daily Edition. So not needing two e-readers on my hands and with the need to help pay for the new reader my SONY PRS 505 is on the block. Aside from some slight wearing away of the inking on one of the side page turner keys it is in excellent condition. It is updated with firmware to allow viewing of EPUB format documents. I can include the AC charger, attached brown cover, and an additional black cover that was never used. I purchased the extra cover when I bought the unit not realizing that it was supplied with a cover.

I am asking $200 for it all plus buyer to pay any shipping and insurance costs from location in Northern Wisconsin. I would prefer payment by PayPal if possible

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-20-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Item has sold.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Tempting even though I've got a 505 and a 900....the 505 is still the best display...

How's the battery life? How long have you had it?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
pampelmoose
pampelmoose began at the beginning.

Device: none
Still available?

Do you know what shipping and insurance would be to southern California?
pampelmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

@kennyc: I've had it about a year and a half now. I've never noticed any problem with the battery, but then I usually plug it into the charger every three to four days. Maybe I'll run a test shortly to see how many days I can get out of it.

@pampelmoose Yep, still available. Not certain about shipping and insurance exactly, but I would think about $10 - $20.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #5
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can we see few photos of it?
Thanks.
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

A couple of quick photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36682542@N06/
Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Not certain about shipping and insurance exactly, but I would think about $10 - $20.
If you use the USPS shipping with in the US should be about $5 for shipping about about $3 for insurance
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Smile

It arrived today, Hamlet, and I'm very happy. It's in wonderful shape and so well packed, and got here so quickly!

And I have to say, the 505 is beautiful! I know people say this is the best screen out there and now I see why they say that.The reading on this is amazing.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Congrats!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Thank you!

:
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I'm glad you like it. It is a nice little device. Sony got it right for the purpose of reading plain text type books.