Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
flynifr
flynifr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Where is my Sony eBook Library on mac OS

I am relatively new to this but have decided to switch to Calibre from the Sony eBook Library program on my Mac. the problem is I cannot find the location of the actual ebook library to copy the files and the Sony eBook Library software will not let me drag and drop the files and there is no option to export. How do I get my books out of this program now that I imported them? I have about 20 books mostly in unprotected pdf.
flynifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
caruk
caruk began at the beginning.

Device: sony505
I can't help you, but I also have a problem
I had a functioning version of Sony e-book library on mac Os 10.4.10 downloaded about 3 months ago on a freeware site which I was perfectly happy with. (I got rid of Calibre, because it was more functional with the Sony 505 reader I use)
I visited the Sony website today and was directed to an automatic up date download .... no warning about Os system requirements. Downloaded and lost my old library and now I can't find the earlier version on the web.
Can anyone direct me to to old version so I can restore what I still have of my library?
caruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't own a Mac but under Windows Vista, the books are located in My Documents/My Books/Ebooks (/Reader Library for epubs).
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
pdarcy
pdarcy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Sony Corporation/eBook Library/Database/kLibrary

username is your user name
pdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
caruk
caruk began at the beginning.

Device: sony505
Solved my problem

~But I now have another problem.
I finally found the older version of eReader software and reinstalled it. But, it freezes on almost every occasion I try to use it. Any ideas?
I've reinstalled Calibre, which works a treat with Mac, but I wasn't able to upload books that I purchased through Calibre.
caruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert