Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Is the WH Smith ebook site dying?

With my first ebook reader, a Cybook Gen3, I purchased some titles from Smiths ebook site.
On looking tonight, I saw that a lot of books had limited availability, then that there appeared not to be any prices, as in:

http://ebooks.whsmith.co.uk/8B17D601...0-9BC2EF403B34

I wonder if anyone knows anything?
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
It looks like they have moved their ebook store to WHsmith.co.uk/ebooks so you have to go there to buy ebooks.
Until they move everyones account there is a special link to access your already purchased epub titles.
If you have any mobipocket purchases they will be disappearing from 15th Sept so download them and store them safely on your computer.
I guess thats a final nail in the coffin for mobipocket format ebooks. I wonder how long Amazon can stay non-epub ?
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
I wonder how long Amazon can stay non-epub ?
umm, as long as Kindles are being sold and the Kindle app is being downloaded?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
It looks like they have moved their ebook store to WHsmith.co.uk/ebooks so you have to go there to buy ebooks.
Until they move everyones account there is a special link to access your already purchased epub titles.
If you have any mobipocket purchases they will be disappearing from 15th Sept so download them and store them safely on your computer.
I guess thats a final nail in the coffin for mobipocket format ebooks. I wonder how long Amazon can stay non-epub ?
In just 4 days' time Thanks for the warning, as I have some great books on there!
This is like watching murder in slow motion....
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote