Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
BeBook Spam

I just received this spam email. The link at the bottom I have added spaces to is the address given to download the "bill"

The reason I am posting this is because I have purchased from the bebook website in the past and this spam email seems to be specifically targeted. I am now wondering if someone has been selling contact info.

Subject: Message from mybebook.com: Thank You For Your Order !

Thank You For Your Order N#:NMR45480SD5497

You have Make an Order in Our Website in 03 novembre 2010 .

http:// jackecruise. fileave.com /Bill.exe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Press_BeBook_2_vierkant.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	60649  
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Apparently there website was hacked.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...s-were-hacked/
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #3
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
Thanks for the link. That sounds about right. Luckily I have had two credit card changes since then.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:34 AM   #4
FrancisT
FrancisT is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook, Toshiba NB100
If anyone has tried to run the .exe then please be aware that the statement by BeBook - http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic....st=0&sk=t&sd=a - that it didn't do much is optimistic. I checked the ip address (64.62.181.43) that jackecruise.fileave.com
resolves to in our database - http://threatstop.com/checkip.php is the
public version. It shows up as a ZeuS C&C host which suggests to me that
the comment quoted below is false.
Your PC might have been effected by a virus, which sends random
e-mails to your e-mail contacts, but only when using Outlook. This
only contains a random text message, and a copy of the file. Na data
can and will be retrieved from both sender or receiver.

If anyone were stupid enough to run that exe they have probably been
infected by the ZeuS trojan which steals banking passwords and the like

Run some ZeuS specific check/removal tools ASAP if in doubt.
FrancisT is offline   Reply With Quote