Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 06:26 AM   #16
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
And you need to take french lessons I would say. Bookeen is more probably a game word with the verb "bouquinner" that means "to read".
I reckon you are spot on about the etymology, but when Nate said...

Quote:
BTW, this company's name is French for "Where's that firmware update you promised?"
I think he was just trying to make us smile.

Which I did, even though I don't have a Bookeen (or maybe because I don't have a Bookeen).

And I do like the idea of secrets to be revealed...far more exciting than revealing them in my experience

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
I reckon you are spot on about the etymology, but when Nate said...

I think he was just trying to make us smile.

Which I did, even though I don't have a Bookeen (or maybe because I don't have a Bookeen).

And I do like the idea of secrets to be revealed...far more exciting than revealing them in my experience

amjb
What could possible be revealed about the firmware ? (Well, save for a release date ).
I do think bookeen up to someting, since pocket book is, and they are both netronix reseller, but apart from that...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Plastic Logic will be at CES showing off the Que.
Yes. It will be in part 2.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes. It will be in part 2.
Nate, i still woudn't mind knowing what your source of information is.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #20
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
If he told you the source it would give away part of the secret
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #21
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
If he told you the source it would give away part of the secret
It's no longer a secret, as he told us about it.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It's no longer a secret, as he told us about it.
If it's no longer a secret to you, then you must know what it is-and since I assume that you didn't sign an NDA, why don't *you* share? Or is this just sour grapes?

I can think of quite a few reasons why Nate would know what the problems are, from being involved in testing to working for a sub-contractor. And other possible reasons. As for violating the NDA, all he really said (other than knowing why) was that the firmware update has been delayed. I haven't checked (no reason to do so as I don't own a Bookeen product) but I assume that Bookeen itself has released that information?

This happens with IT reviewers frequently. The company wants publicity, but without committing to anything-so they disclose lots of background info to reviewers, so they know what's going on, after making them sign NDA's that limit how much they can say. But they rarely prevent them from saying anything-that would be counter-productive when they're trying to build 'buzz'.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #23
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
I must disagree on that. Due to the nature of my job, I am dealing with NDA's quite frequently. The ususally forbid to give any details, they do not force you to say nothing at all.
I also deal with NDA's quite frequently, and the ones we sign (and have our vendors sign) definitely do not have a " you can say some stuff, just don't give any details" clause-they are very strict about not revealing any information at all, including any mention of the company we are working with, not to mention anything about the product itself.

But we may be in different industries.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
EowynCarter
Wizard

If you want my mind, Nate don't know anything, he just lied.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #25
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I heard back from someone with Brother PR. At this time, only the sewing machine division is exhibiting at CES.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #26
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
I may be completely wrong here, but from what I have read it is much more likely that ASUS will be showing the ebook reader than the dual screen netbook. I read that the dual screen netbook would be shown 3rd or 4th quarter 2010 but an e-ink ebook reader would be available 1st quarter 2010. I will look for the articles so this isn't just hearsay..
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #27
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesound View Post
I will be at CES! I'd love to met any mobilereaders and cruz all the ebook booths together!
Shall we have a met up?

I am also attending. It would be great to arrange some sort of meet up.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #28
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Pocketbook apparently will be there.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #29
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Living in Vegas, I try to avoid CES. It is so huge, you have to know in advance what you want to see and then go to that venue. On the other hand, I am always up for a pint. If those in Vegas for CES choose a time and place, I will try to make it.

As to the attack on Nate:

He's got over 53k in Karma. Eowyn has 1.3k

He's got a great icon, or should we say "Avatar". Eowyn has none.

Let's see____(drum role)__________ I go with Nate.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #30
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
I will look for the articles so this isn't just hearsay..
Can't find the articles so please disregard.
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote